Director of football (1 Viewer)

wingy

Bobby gould just put himself in the frame for the job on CWR ,and AT has just had the dreaded vote of confidence from Tim Fisher,stating its a results driven business

ICHAN

Could BG be throwing his hat in for both jobs now AT has been given the dreaded vote?

wingy

Could BG be throwing his hat in for both jobs now AT has been given the dreaded vote?

Another multi-tasker Ichan ,don't we have enough ,he could induce that passion we're all talking about,but the games moved forward massively since his last involvement:D

procdoc

I like Bobby but by God he's an awful manager. Is it really that bad we'd contemplate employing someone who got the sack at Weymouth (and everywhere else he's managed)?!

Walking Bird

Yeah when Bryan Richardson sold Robert Rossario to Forrest against his will after a start of something like 5 succesive wins or certainly one of the best starts City ever had!

ICHAN

Another multi-tasker Ichan ,don't we have enough ,he could induce that passion we're all talking about,but the games moved forward massively since his last involvement:D

You know sisu like their multi-taskers cuts down on wages.

The only benefit is he says he would do the job for free :thinking about:, maybe his passion for the club and someone else but as yourself wingy and many others are rightly saying the game has changed alot since he was last here, but this is sisu and as long as he would do it for FREE he would be top of the tree as we all know they do not care what happens as long as they save money, maybe mr magoo's their role model.
mr magoo.jpg

Lord_Nampil

At the min the club needs some one like him involved again, he after all is a sky blues fan and some one the ans can relate too!

What would we give to 5-1 and 3-0 wins over Christmas again like we did last time he was in charge!!! and yes they were against Liverpool and Villa!!!

chiefdave

it could be interesting as he'd have nothing to lose, especially if working for free, so we might get some interesting comments out of him about what's really going on at the very least!

Walking Bird

micky quinn was never the same when rossario left

I was to young to remember Ferguson Wallace etc. But Rossario & Quinn were lethall, no reason whatsoever that a lanky man & a fat bloke should be dynamite but they were. God i wish for those days again!!!

wingy

I was to young to remember Ferguson Wallace etc. But Rossario & Quinn were lethall, no reason whatsoever that a lanky man & a fat bloke should be dynamite but they were. God i wish for those days again!!!
Can't truelly remember Rossario being lethal ,maybe he was ,but i recall he had a droubt at some point and they moved him to midfield where he become truelly influential and possibly more fluent with the goals .Am sure it was his midfield form that brought Forrest to the table.

georgehudson

i remember 'quinny' saying on so many occasions, that one of the reasons he scored so regularly was down to the fact that rosario was a great provider, & that in their infinite wisdom the ccfc board decided to sell him,
thus the goals for quinn dried up,
way off the thread though,
which, of course was 'director of football',
and to that end i wouldn't discount 'bobby gould',
he still has a 'black book' envied by many,
black book = a very lengthy list of players, from present to future

Nonleagueherewecome

All the players in Bobby's book are in their 40's or 50's now. Maybe he can find us a decent Kiwi youngster, but that's about it!

skyblueinBaku

it could be interesting as he'd have nothing to lose, especially if working for free, so we might get some interesting comments out of him about what's really going on at the very least!
For this very reason he'd never get the job. Do you really think they would employ someone who would tell the truth about what's going on? That isn't the Sisu way.

OyJimmy

Given our lack of options in the transfer Market I think Bobby Gould would be a reasonable punt. Some crazy gang spirit might do the trick

cloughie

As said previously the game has moved on since Bobby Goulds days but if nothing else he might bring a bit of fight and passion to the team.

This could only work if 1/ Thorn agrees and wants Goulds help and 2/ they actually agree on things and get on together. Without this there would be an even worse atmosphere hanging around the camp.

So if they could create a Curtis & Sillet style type of partnership then it's worth a punt as somethings got to change soon.

Users who are viewing this thread