DIDIER DROGBA - Star or Girl's Blouse ??? (1 Viewer)

What a truly magnificent performance from Chelsea tonight against the mighty Barca and none more so than Didier Drogba the complete centre forward.

An awesome contribution from Drogba, outmuscling, outpacing with lung bursting runs defenders bouncing off him and a constant giant problem for Barca BUT OH DEAR why does he spend half his time rolling around the pitch as though he'd been shot with Clint Eastwoods .45 mganum.

It takes the shine off him for me as this is one part of his game I detest, falling spectactularly to the pitch from the slightest nudge or contact - he looks a real t - - t, a 6' 2" powerhouse reduced to girl's blouse proportions by these ridiculous posturings.

So come on Didier get off your arse you GB and you'll maybe even contribute more to Chelsea's cause.

PUSB

druryfire

A great player, and it's not until he's nearly gone that i have really started to take the pleasure in what he can do.

A leader of the front line, someone you can rely on, but somewhat embarressing when he goes down like he does. It's hard to explain to a non football following person what talent he is and then he rolls over to kill everything you made them believe.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I've always rated him as a technical player. I remember watching him for Marseille in a EUROPA league game in channel 5 and I said 'he'll be in the Premiership one day'. I didn't see tonight's game but guessed he'd spent a lot of time on the floor just from people's Facebook statuses.

Take his goal V Spurs as an example! That touch to lay the ball off for himself was immense, and then he beat Cudicini getting it as far into the corner that was possible!

Just wish these world class players would stop with the diving

Desperados

Scores some awesome goals but he is like jekyll and hyde every five minutes in a game, you never know what you are going to get. The 6"3 muscle man, shrugging people off or the 6"3 feather....he seems to foul himself more than anyone else!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't stand Drogba, can't stand Terry, can't stand Chelski. Wanted Barcelona to win so much!! Can't wait to watch them stuff Chelski in the return leg!

LastGarrison

There wasn't a nasty challenge last night and 99% of the tackles on Drogba where he went rolling round on the floor weren't even a foul.

It was back to the bad old days last night with him constantly on the deck and it must be bad when sit on the fence Townsend digs you out. On the flip side of that some of his hold up play as a lone striker was immense and it would be a sad sight if he leaves competitive football to earn big bucks in the circus that is the Chinese league.

As for the second leg, for me it's England v Spain and I will be cheering the Chelsea boys all the way. I don't think they will get through but I'm hoping they do.

Oh and as a side note Di Matteo got his tactics absolutely spot on last night. Be hard to overlook him for the job in any normal circumstance but with Roman you just haven't got a clue!!!

Il Pirata

Saves his cheating for CL games, that way he doesn't receive as much criticism from the British media whose players do not cheat, because it is against Johnny Foreigner, and they cheat all the time.

I feel embarrassed for the guy at times, but then remember he is paid a lot of money to make a dick of himself, and it all goes away.

wingy

Don't generally agree with these sort of shenanigans but its all part of mind games in a match ,conning the ref ,opposition ,eventually getting them thinking he's not up to it and bam its in the net plus it slows up the game ,momentum broken breathers for team mates frustration for the other team ,not clever but effective .

Hugh Jarse

Can't stand Drogba, can't stand Terry, can't stand Chelski. Wanted Barcelona to win so much!! Can't wait to watch them stuff Chelski in the return leg!​

Don't forget Cashey, Fat Frank, Sideshow Bob Luis, ......the list is endless.:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread