Did Fisher Sanction Cole's Signing? (1 Viewer)

st john

Apologies it this has already been posted, have read most posts about it but may have missed it.

TM says:
“It wasn’t for me to go to Tim Fisher and start asking for financial favours but everything behind the scenes is sorted and Joe’s here where he can enjoy his football and help us out at the same time.”
From http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/i-just-want-play-football-10292396

Does this mean that Sisu will find extra money for a signing such as this?

Brilliant news as far as I can see if this is how it happened.

Astute

Break even 11,000.

Average 12,000.

So they have kept to what they agreed with TM to get him to sign again and without being reminded. A wise move if they want to keep TM.

wingy

Apologies it this has already been posted, have read most posts about it but may have missed it.

TM says:
“It wasn’t for me to go to Tim Fisher and start asking for financial favours but everything behind the scenes is sorted and Joe’s here where he can enjoy his football and help us out at the same time.”
From http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/i-just-want-play-football-10292396

I had this conversation with my Bro earlier.
Maybe Cole Is cheaper for a month than Eagles over seven.

ccfclinney

Simple answer is no..

Joe cole has took a pay cut off his wages cov prob paying 2-4k a week, then villa a percentage. he's said before he has money left in his playing budget.
He's basically saying he wouldn't go asking for more money off Tim fisher.
Venus and mowbray have full control off a set budget they can spend on what they want per week etc. I.e training ground, bus colour, and signing players with.

stupot07

Simple answer is no..

Joe cole has took a pay cut off his wages cov prob paying 2-4k a week, then villa a percentage. he's said before he has money left in his playing budget.
Venus and mowbray have full control off a set budget they can spend on what they want per week etc. I.e training ground, bus colour, and signing players with.

Agreed, plus as TM kept alluding to it seems Cole and Villa came to us, rather than us bidding for his services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

Simple answer is no..

Oh good, we have the club accountant on tonight.
While you're at it could you tell us how much Mowbray and his backroom staff are getting paid and how much we spend on tea bags and bog rolls per week.
Many thanks.

Tonylinc

The way I see and hear it, it is not a matter of money to JC; he simply wants to play football at any level which is open to him. It would not surprise me if he has signed for the 50% wages that Villa will be paying.

cloughie

It has been clearly stated that sisu will not fund this club any longer, Mowbray has to use whatever money he has to the best of his ability.

It doesn't take an accountant to understand that

st john

It has been clearly stated that sisu will not fund this club any longer, Mowbray has to use whatever money he has to the best of his ability.

It doesn't take an accountant to understand that
Lots of things have been clearly stated, it doesn't necessarily make it true

Grendel

The way I see and hear it, it is not a matter of money to JC; he simply wants to play football at any level which is open to him. It would not surprise me if he has signed for the 50% wages that Villa will be paying.

That's ten grand a week we are paying then

singers_pore

Pretty sure that TM said Tim Sherwood not Tim Fisher in that interview. The context was about how much of Coles wages would be paid by Villa.

Big_Ben

Pretty sure that TM said Tim Sherwood not Tim Fisher in that interview. The context was about how much of Coles wages would be paid by Villa.
If it's purely down to money, which I'm pretty sure it's not - wouldn't Villa be paying all his wages anyway, if he wasn't playing for them through sickness, injury or lack of form?
If so, anything (even if it is not a lot by PL standards) would be a reduction in costs for them.

mrtrench

Do we think that this is the Premier League star who kept pestering Mowbray to sign?

SkyblueBazza

Just when everyone is in a good optimistic mood...someone had to go & ruin it all by mentioning TF
Bad smells n all that!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ccfclinney

Oh good, we have the club accountant on tonight.
While you're at it could you tell us how much Mowbray and his backroom staff are getting paid and how much we spend on tea bags and bog rolls per week.
Many thanks.

Shut up you absolute tool..
You only have to read interviews to see that the club is now paying its own way. That's why waggott keeps going on about the 11k plus attendances.
Don't have to be an accountant. Just read things properly!

Grendel

Shut up you absolute tool..
You only have to read interviews to see that the club is now paying its own way. That's why waggott keeps going on about the 11k plus attendances.
Don't have to be an accountant. Just read things properly!

The 11,000 attendance figure is irrelevant - it's the required turnover from that which dictates a budget.

Also it's highly likely sisu are funding some form of cash flow to allow such deals to go through.

Samo

Do we think that this is the Premier League star who kept pestering Mowbray to sign?

I don't think so, it sounds like the JC situation has only recently come up.

Bob Latchford

Fisher couldn't sanction a good shit !

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The 11,000 attendance figure is irrelevant - it's the required turnover from that which dictates a budget.

Also it's highly likely sisu are funding some form of cash flow to allow such deals to go through.

No 11000 is an absolute figure also Sisu will not be funding the club anymore. These are waggotts words not mine you either believe him or you're calling him a liar which one? If it's the latter that'll be a first

Terry Gibson's perm

TM says:

i hope fish face didn't sanction it and will now decide to resign in disgust at the way he is being treated, he is just a big hopeless arsehole who couldn't run a bath let alone a football club

letsallsingtogether

So even if he did sanction it, do we all go around and start kissing his arse. ......
Sorry the owners are still arse holes.
It is there job surly to get in the best players and managers they can, why should we need to thank them for that.
PUSB

Grendel

No 11000 is an absolute figure also Sisu will not be funding the club anymore. These are waggotts words not mine you either believe him or you're calling him a liar which one? If it's the latter that'll be a first

So if all 11,000 are concessions then that's ok is it?

Frequently critical of waggott but I think you do not understand the difference between cash flow and P and L

skybluesam66

11000 was based on 6000 season tickets
season tickets are lower than that , so very possible that average revenue per ticket is higher than planned

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I understand perfectly however when the chief executive says we need 11000 then you either believe him or you don't. After all he didn't say we need 11000 full paying adults did he?

letsallsingtogether

So if all 11,000 are concessions then that's ok is it?

Frequently critical of waggott but I think you do not understand the difference between cash flow and P and L

And I think you move the goalposts to suit your argument.

So if that is the case what is the true figure they need? come on you are the logistics big shot........

Grendel

And I think you move the goalposts to suit your argument.

So if that is the case what is the true figure they need? come on you are the logistics big shot........

That's what I'm saying - the 11,000 is just a number plucked out the air but it's a revenue assumption not a crowd assumption. On a cash flow basis the club is some way from self sufficiency.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I understand perfectly however when the chief executive says we need 11000 then you either believe him or you don't. After all he didn't say we need 11000 full paying adults did he?

He's just saying the 11,000 isn't a concrete figure set in stone. Its dependent on the assumption of the average ticket price.

If we gave away 5,000 free tickets for every game and averaged 11k, that wouldn't be anywhere near enough revenue to meet the budget. Likewise if we had everyone paying full adult price of £20 then attendances of 9k would be enough to meet budget needs with some left over.

Stop focusing on the 11,000. When Waggot says we need/budgeted for crowds of 11,000, what is left unsaid is that the 11,000 attendees need to be paying an average of X amount per ticket to meet the budget needs.

Users who are viewing this thread