Dick Emery sacked (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Oh you are awful, but I like you. I think Arsenal are as deluded at the others in that top 5 group. Liverpool have reaped the rewards of showing initial patience with Klopp.

Paul Anthony

Wonder if they regret hounding Wenger out? Was he really doing such a bad job, them being a Champions League team for all but one season.

Wonder if they'll be after the Wolves manager, rather than Pochettino. That'd be a big blow to wolves.

CJ_covblaze

Arsenal should be a Champions League club but employed a Europa League manager. Was never going to work.

fernandopartridge

Wonder if they regret hounding Wenger out? Was he really doing such a bad job, them being a Champions League team for all but one season.

Wonder if they'll be after the Wolves manager, rather than Pochettino. That'd be a big blow to wolves.

They don't have an identity any more, the move to the Emirates, the shunning of English players for years, the courting of the new aged football fan. They're lost as a club

Mcbean

We used to laugh at the toon crying when they lost now it’s all of them apart from Liverpool

Grendel

simeone has won europa twice. maybe atletico should sack him if want to do better?

For most teams at their level even being in the Europe league constitutes failure

covcity4life

also thats like saying if a manager wins league 1 3 times no championship club should ever give him a chance further up the chain

Grendel

my point is that winning europa is an acheivement and shouldnt be used against emery

fine margins,could have won the final last year, won euro trophy and be in CL right now

he will bounce back im sure

The europa league is viewed as a competition for the failures - I’m not saying it should but it is

Back in a day when you had 3 clearly defined European competitions they all had strong presence and everyone wanted to win it

when Burnley were in it Dyche was blamed for the poor season in the league because they were in it. It’s a truly bizarre situation when a team like Burnley qualifies after a great season for the prize to be seen as something to get out of quickly

Conversely the winning of it by managers of so called big teams is just a reminder that that manager was a failure in the only European competition that matters

I don’t think this is good but it’s the mentality. Once the so called champions league allowed losers into its stupid brand it’s reduced the rest to a Chekatrade third rate thing of irrelevance

Paul Anthony

It gets me they moan about how bad it is for them because they're not winning the league. Bloody hell, they haven't got a clue. Maybe time they accepted they're not at that level, any more.

Nick

Administrator
It gets me they moan about how bad it is for them because they're not winning the league. Bloody hell, they haven't got a clue. Maybe time they accepted they're not at that level, any more.

It was like when there was a bloke on Soccer AM moaning about no success, then when asked about the FA cup he just made out like it was nothing and didn't count.

They dont have any automatic right to win the league, need to pipe down.

covcity4life

The europa league is viewed as a competition for the failures - I’m not saying it should but it is

Back in a day when you had 3 clearly defined European competitions they all had strong presence and everyone wanted to win it

when Burnley were in it Dyche was blamed for the poor season in the league because they were in it. It’s a truly bizarre situation when a team like Burnley qualifies after a great season for the prize to be seen as something to get out of quickly

Conversely the winning of it by managers of so called big teams is just a reminder that that manager was a failure in the only European competition that matters

I don’t think this is good but it’s the mentality. Once the so called champions league allowed losers into its stupid brand it’s reduced the rest to a Chekatrade third rate thing of irrelevance
letting teams in from CL is not good i agree

however it is still a big competition with big teams

they might not all want to be in it ideally i get that but its sill the uefa cup(literally the same trophy) and a big trophy to win so i dont understand putting down a manager for winning it

in emerys case his first season he joined they were already out of CL so he took them to the final of EL, he didnt fail in CL first. his failure to get 4th last year can be held against him of course, just not his very good history in europa

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would Poch go to Arsenal after so long at Spurs? Having been sacked I'm sure he'd love to reinstate Arsenal above Spurs as a FU but the Arsenal fans won't give him much leeway due to the connection. If I were him I'd wait a bit. Man U will be available soon, possibly Madrid even though he has just missed out on the Munich position

*Only just realised Munich are now managed by Herr Flick! I do hope he's got a bloke called Von Scmaulhausen as his assistant and a PA called Helga

CJ_covblaze

oscillatewildly

After he was given the news, I'd imagine the phone call to his father went something along the lines of: "Dad, I fink I got it wrong again".

Alan Dugdales Moustache

After he was given the news, I'd imagine the phone call to his father went something along the lines of: "Dad, I fink I got it wrong again".
images
Classic Gaylord.

Users who are viewing this thread