Derby sack Clement (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Whilst it does sadden me the modern firing and hiring policy, I don't think its that crazy in todays game.

Derby have spent millions and millions trying to get promoted and will easily be the biggest spenders along with Middlesbrough this year. All well and good saying well he's 5th but play offs would be a massive failure for Derby this season

Otis

It is crazy, but quite often a new manager coming in brings in an upturn in fortunes. Could well be that coming into play here.

The monetary return for getting into the Premiership is huge, so it may well be a gamble worth taking.

Not that I am advocating it, but I dare say that if we were to sack TM now we might well get an immediate upturn in our results too.

I know it hasn't worked before, but we have some very good players and really should be better than the results of these last 13 games or so.

bringbackrattles

It is crazy, but quite often a new manager coming in brings in an upturn in fortunes. Could well be that coming into play here.

The monetary return for getting into the Premiership is huge, so it may well be a gamble worth taking.

Not that I am advocating it, but I dare say that if we were to sack TM now we might well get an immediate upturn in our results too.

I know it hasn't worked before, but we have some very good players and really should be better than the results of these last 13 games or so.
Are you sure Otis you're not wishing for a new manager here with us ? I'm starting to get Mowbray out vibes stirring at games and in the pub just lately amongst fans.

no_loyalty

Are you sure Otis you're not wishing for a new manager here with us ? I'm starting to get Mowbray out vibes stirring at games and in the pub just lately amongst fans.

Don't worry he will be out soon, he will be off to Derby

Maybe I should tweet them this short list of possible replacements:

Nigel Clough
Sean O'Driscoll
Justin Edinburgh
Gary Caldwell
The Millwall manager
Phil Brown
Graham Westley

Otis

Nope! I don't want him gone. Tis a shocking sequence of results though and many a manager has gone for less.

Maybe we could get Mourinho in just for 16 games.

chiefdave

In the position they are in have they already got someone lined up to takeover? Seems a very odd decision if they haven't got someone they feel is better ready to move in.

higgs

Derby should have pissed that league with the money they spent and the squad they have. Brendan Rodgers good shout for them

CJ_covblaze

Whilst it does sadden me the modern firing and hiring policy, I don't think its that crazy in todays game.

Derby have spent millions and millions trying to get promoted and will easily be the biggest spenders along with Middlesbrough this year. All well and good saying well he's 5th but play offs would be a massive failure for Derby this season

Apparently not. Mel Morris has said their aim was not promotion. It was just "playing the Derby way" what ever that means. I bet their fans are chuffed they put their hard earned in.

clint van damme

My gaffer is a derby season ticket holder, he reckons that it's going to be Moyes coming in in the summer.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread