Dele Adebola CCFC (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Good on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Our season changed after he left us.

Was very badly treated in his first season with us. Boo boys on his back early on if I remember right.

Will always remember his goal in the cup V Blackburn, and a similar one in the league against Forest (I think). Used his power (not so much his pace) to go from the half way line to goal and score. He was one hell of a unit!

Think he does part time coaching with Birminghams academy too now

percy

got some great memories of dele playing for us especially blackburn away in the cup. he looked totally spent then produced some pure magic to score. class !!!!

Evans1883

its nice the guy is still playing but it doesn't alter the fact that for me he just wasn't that good, and to score 31 in 161 games when you started most of the time shows that in all honesty ....he was a bit crap .....but fair play to him

ThievingScally

About one game in twelve - be was immense. Against Blackburn - he was unplayable. Drogba-esk

The other 11 games - he was woeful. Control was dire. No heading ability considering he was a big bloke.

Glad he's still enjoying playing. Can't justify paying him to do so.

TSx

SkyBlueSid

Adebola was a hard-working journeyman who had the occasional good game. Most of the time he was quite ordinary. Nice bloke, apparently, and glad to see him still playing, albeit at a pretty low level.

I have to say too that it shows how much our club has diminished when younger fans are fondly remembering a player as ordinary as Adebola as one of the club's 'greats' of their time supporting City. I am grateful that I saw two promotions as champions, an FA Cup win, and most of the club's greatest players. It's a real shame that anyone under about 30 has seen nothing but mediocrity and failure.

LastGarrison

Always remember when he was playing awful then so we shipped him out on loan for a while. When he came back from his loan period we were playing somone like Bradford at home and he came on as a second half sub to massive ironic cheers from the West Terrace, only to instantly pick up the ball on about the half way line and go on what seemed like a 50 yard run towards goal with the crowd going mental.

One of those had to be there moments but it was funny how it went from us taking the piss out of him to cheering him on like our lives depended on it within a matter of seconds! He went on to have a great remainder of the game if my memory serves me right.

Ahhh fickle football fans at their finest........

LastGarrison

Remains one of the worst I saw in a city shirt, all about opinions I guess
Massively disagree with this, yes he was no world beater and was never gonna bang in 30 goals a season but far from one of the worst considering some of the absolute pish that have pulled on a City shirt over the last few years.

Grendel

Remains one of the worst I saw in a city shirt, all about opinions I guess

Mmmmm as strikers go post premier league I struggle to see many better in the championship for us. Aside from king - who only signed due to boothroyd and circumstance - I am struggling to see many better at all.

Ranson sneered when he managed to sell him for £350,000 citing his poor goals for games ratio. Ranson then spent 3 times that on Eastwood. That's ray "the football man" for you.

Macca

Not saying I'm right fellas just sticks out in my mind, didn't even look like a footballer. Mind you I bet there probably were many others

lordsummerisle

Mmmmm as strikers go post premier league I struggle to see many better in the championship for us. Aside from king - who only signed due to boothroyd and circumstance - I am struggling to see many better at all.

Ranson sneered when he managed to sell him for £350,000 citing his poor goals for games ratio. Ranson then spent 3 times that on Eastwood. That's ray "the football man" for you.

Would have to put Stern John as the best striker we've had in the Championship myself, great player but underappreciated by many.

Grendel

Would have to put Stern John as the best striker we've had in the Championship myself, great player but underappreciated by many.

I wouldn't disagree with that. He was football wise far better than most.

torchomatic

Yeah, I liked him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I agree with a lot of the above.

I admire Dele , not the best striker we have ever had of course but tried very hard and very good team player. The odd bit of pure magic too!

Sterling Archer

Spot on. His football brain was mistaken by the usual idiots we have, as "laziness".

In fact, I judge a lot of City fans footballing opinions in the bar or at the ground or on the forums on whether they regarded Stern John as shit or not.

Sterling Archer

As for Dele, hard working, limited but probably in the too 'half' of strikers we've had since relegation.

That goal away at QPR brings back good memories as well and a volley at the Ricoh.

SlowerThanPlatt

[video=youtube;jHfz_enUvrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfz_enUvrM[/video]

Adebola goal at 5:15. Cracking day out that was.

Brighton Sky Blue

Adebola goal at 5:15. Cracking day out that was.

Beat me to it. Without doubt one of, if not the, most enjoyable games I've ever been to and his goal was something else. Mifsud also a cracking little player when he was played in his correct position. As soon as he got shunted out to the wing his goals dried up almost immediately.

Sky Blue Harry H

Beat me to it. Without doubt one of, if not the, most enjoyable games I've ever been to and his goal was something else. Mifsud also a cracking little player when he was played in his correct position. As soon as he got shunted out to the wing his goals dried up almost immediately.

Had some fun days at Blackburn - missed this, but remember beating them in the cup when Huckerby scored a cracker, too.

stupot07

Whatever happened to David Bentley???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sterling Archer

Isn't Bentley running a bar in some overpriced sunny area of Europe where ex big brother contestants go and drink champagne in an attempt to get papped and still seem relevant?

Quball

always liked adebola when he was on fire he was on fire but granted when it was shocking he was shocking at 38 and his passion for football fair play to the bloke,

Users who are viewing this thread