Defence (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Slightly concerned because we concede too many goals teams, Sheff U and Swindon aren't even in double figures at home yet!hopefully we sort this out because there'll be games where we won't 2-3 and rely on out scoring every opponent.

I don't know why we're conceding so many, the only (temporary) change I can suggest is Clarke for Christie and this only because Christie's form has slumped a little bit.

covcity4life

we have not kept a clean sheet since 17th nov vs hartlepool but we have only conceded 1 goal a game till mk dons

so dont think its a huge issue myself

coop

As long as we score more than them no probe the only time it's really a problem is if we stop banging the goals in

Mucca Mad Boys

we have not kept a clean sheet since 17th nov vs hartlepool but we have only conceded 1 goal a game till mk dons

so dont think its a huge issue myself

On clean sheets, we're about 20th, with 4. If we can't keep clean sheets, it could come to bite us in important games e.g. Sheff U away (say we're 1-0 up).

Not a problem at the min, but it should be a cause for concern, hopefully MR can sort it out.

skybluegod

They only score normally on the break or from set pieces not when they actually get through us both goals on sat we're on the break, stevange was a pen so on it's really just making sure we don't get caught napping

Astute

We are going forward and scoring goals. This will always leave gaps. Sitting back more lets the other teams attack us.

I prefer us to attack. We nearly always have the better players. We should keep this advantage by attacking.

scroobiustom

Personally I don't care how many we concede (A former Goalkeeper talking!) as long as we score more than them 5-4, 4-3 who cares (ala Keegan style of football)

no clean sheet bonus' is also a plus ;)

coop

attack is the perfect defence top goal scorers in the league keep attacking lads lets get even tomorrow and smash the shrews but is one of them games where the old sky blues would lose but in Robins i trust

Mucca Mad Boys

wolfie

If conceding less goals means changing our tactics to being a more defensive team. Then I for is not interested. Games with goals is far better to watch. And we must be one of the most exciting teams to watch at the moment

Mucca Mad Boys

If conceding less goals means changing our tactics to being a more defensive team. Then I for is not interested. Games with goals is far better to watch. And we must be one of the most exciting teams to watch at the moment

We are, but if we concede too many, it could ruin our promotion hopes.

skybluegod

Tbh we have a pretty defensive for,action anyway 4-2-3-1 we have 6 players back at times but of course normally one of the full backs in on the attack but still I think it is purely down to lapses in concentration or good finishing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tbh we have a pretty defensive for,action anyway 4-2-3-1 we have 6 players back at times but of course normally one of the full backs in on the attack but still I think it is purely down to lapses in concentration or good finishing.

4-2-3-1 isn't really a defensive formation.

Users who are viewing this thread