Defeat today (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

A defeat today would not be the end of the world.

Hull are only 4 points from the play off places. They have had a bad run so they are going to be massively motivated. Defeat today and they can kiss their premiership hopes goodbye, it is critical for them.

When they are told that possible million pound contracts are on the line then I think they will be well up for it for 90 minutes.

It is possibily our harderst remaining fixture (depending on saints situation)

Hence although I would prefer not to lose it, if it happens I wont be on here saying that, that is it we are gone.

I am praying for a draw but I think we could afford to lose this one and still stay up.

Last edited:

Otis

A defeat coupled with Forest, Bristol and Pompey winning would be a massive blow.

A defeat is only acceptable if our rivals don't pull further away or go above us.

dadgad

The real point is that nothing will be decided to day.
Try and keep your hysteria within the orbit of the facts.

A defeat coupled with Forest, Bristol and Pompey winning would be a massive blow.

A defeat is only acceptable if our rivals don't pull further away or go above us.

Good post dongonzalos.

I'm not so sure Otis. I think we have the easiest run-in of those around us don't we?

Otis

Who's hysteria? :thinking about:

I certainly am not being hysterical. I am being very rational and reasoned about the whole thing
Trying to look at the big picture and I think we do indeed need to do that. If (and it's a big if) we lose and Bristol win, they will be 4 points ahead. Could be that we could be going to Bristol and us needing a win there just to get within 1 point of them.

Think we do need to look at the bigger picture and at our rvials. It won't be decided today. Results could make all the difference though. Ideally we want to go to Bristol with them having to beat us rather than it being the other way round.

It is in our hands, but at the same time we cannot be expected to win every game, so slip ups are inevitable. Therefore rivals' results are very, very important and something we do need to keep an eye on. If results were to go against us it wouldn't be the end of the world, but slipping further away from the teams you need to catch and dropping places in the league can of course carry with it problems of dents to morale.

I like the look of our fixtures and think they all look winnable apart from Southampton. Just think today could prove to be a bad day at the office all round for us. Really hope I'm wrong and others slip up.

Last edited:

Astute

Slipups are inevitable Otis. We agree there. Slipups are inevitable for all the teams at the bottom. We are all at the bottom for a reason. The reason is not winning all games that are winnable. The more I look at the table the more I think the bottom 3 places will be Donny, Bristol and Millwall.

Saying that, only 7 games to go (unless you are Donny) but plenty of shock results to come. Look how much of a bad position we were supposedly going to be in after the other teams played their games in hand. We could be out of the bottom 3 today with only a draw. Bet Hull are looking forward to playing a team that has played Cardiff, Brum, Palarse and Watford with also beating Pompey where they have won either side of playing us in the last 5 games and they are on a losing streak. Why should we lose? Yes we are away :facepalm:

A win today would make everything look so different. A draw could have us out of the bottom 3. A defeat could have us where we are now. More to gain than lose today.

dadgad

Slipups are inevitable Otis. We agree there. Slipups are inevitable for all the teams at the bottom. We are all at the bottom for a reason. The reason is not winning all games that are winnable. The more I look at the table the more I think the bottom 3 places will be Donny, Bristol and Millwall.

Saying that, only 7 games to go (unless you are Donny) but plenty of shock results to come. Look how much of a bad position we were supposedly going to be in after the other teams played their games in hand. We could be out of the bottom 3 today with only a draw. Bet Hull are looking forward to playing a team that has played Cardiff, Brum, Palarse and Watford with also beating Pompey where they have won either side of playing us in the last 5 games and they are on a losing streak. Why should we lose? Yes we are away :facepalm:

A win today would make everything look so different. A draw could have us out of the bottom 3. A defeat could have us where we are now. More to gain than lose today.

A well balanced post, spot on.

Otis

A win has made everything look different.

We need to be in the position of Bristol having to beat us rather than the other way round and that now looks very, very likely!

It changes everything. Out of the bottom 3 is so massive. Words cannot express it.

Users who are viewing this thread