Deegan says he will be better than Aron and will have an amazing season (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Says he won't be the new Aron he will be the new him and he will do a better job. Maybe a sign again not to expect many signings in that part of the park.

Lord_Nampil

I don't see the Problem with this, he has a lot to prove this season and I am sure will repay for the
Time he missed! On the transfers front we do need players granted but what happens if the kids step up??? They may have to of course. I can still see more acrivity this window!

pusbccfc

Looked quality last 20 v Norwich great passing fee bits of skill aswel

rob9872

Aron who?

:)

CovScott88

I'm still yet to be convinced by Deegs if I'm honest. He has a good engine and works hard, but (this may be a tad harsh) he reminds of a younger, slightly improved version of Michael Doyle. Always committed and gives his all, but just lacks that bit of quality. Though saying that, I am not going to write him off, I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and really steps it up a couple of notches this season.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm still yet to be convinced by Deegs if I'm honest. He has a good engine and works hard, but (this may be a tad harsh) he reminds of a younger, slightly improved version of Michael Doyle. Always committed and gives his all, but just lacks that bit of quality. Though saying that, I am not going to write him off, I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and really steps it up a couple of notches this season.

Pretty much agree with that, but remember that Doyle stagnated badly. He did win player of the year here once. I know he wasn't everyones cup of tea, but he did offer something and was one of the better players under Boothroyd (not hard!).

The other hope is-Deegan came here as one of the top players in the Irish League. He had lots of first team experience, albeit at a relatively low standard. Doyle hadn't played a single first team game. Also Deegan has a certain level of flair and vision (maybe not the skill to pull it off yet!), and makes incredible lung-bursting late runs into the box that Doyler rarely did-neither did Aron. There's some really bad Youtube footage of Deegan the year before, and his speed and movement off the ball in a couple of clips are stunning-if you find them, just watch him go. Given our proposed formation and style, I can see him getting on the end of a lot of moves. He is also a bit more of a beast in the tackle than Doyle. If Doyle was Aggression 17, Deegan is 19-20.

The negative-he hasn't had extensive high-level coaching throughout his youth, and lacks that football education. This sometimes becomes very obvious in matches when he panics, or chooses the wrong option. But hey, O'Halloran had that high-level football education and Hussey didn't. I know which of them I'd prefer. Lets hope Deegan can bridge the gap as well as The Huss has. We need him to, as we won't be signing anyone else.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I remember a game last season when he came on and went into a tackle, I thought the other fellas leg had come clean off but it was a fair challenge.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
To be honest i think the irish league is alot tougher in tackles then the english, deegen was used to busting people up with bohs so id expect him to do th same in the new season :D

smileycov

Facebook User
looking at some of the returning players, i think it could be like new signing s in some respect, i like deegan "the pitbull"
starting to look forward to the new season now.

shmmeee

I like Deegs, but we still need midfielders. As others have mentioned, the first 11 isn't that bad:

Murphy
Keogh Cranie Turner Hussey
Clingan
Deegan Bell
McSheffrey
Eastwood Jutkiewicz

It's the reserves that scare you, for that we still need another couple of bodies:

Dunn
Clarke Cameron McPake Wood
Thomas
Bigirimana Baker
Ruffles
Platt O'Donovan

That midfield comprises of 3 kids with 1 start between them and a player who arguably has done nothing since his move from L1 and is on the downward end of his career. We've lost Gunnar/Carsley/Osbourne/McIndoe since the end of the season, that's a whole midfield!

Users who are viewing this thread