Declan Drysdale (1 Viewer)

larry_david

3 year deal, that's pretty impressive. Apparently quite aa classy player who needs to work on being a bit more physical, that will come though and had 3 games at Solihull moors in which I think they kept 2 clean sheets as well.

Is the the start of a few contract extensions I wonder...

CONTRACT: Declan Drysdale Signs New Deal!

PVA

Looked pretty good in his league appearance this season.

I remember he had a shaky start to the game but soon settled and played well.

Bit of a no brainer to extend. Cheap wages and if he doesn't progress we can get a fee.

presumably he'll go on loan next season.

cc84cov

Said it after the first couple of times I seen him play on this forum he will go on to be a starter for us in years to come very good player enjoys the ball at feet can see the argument regarding being more physical also.

better days

Seems like there are big hopes for this lad.

@better days any info on his development?
He looked good whenever I saw him and is well thought of so was sent out on loan to get senior competitive football
But he picked up an injury and came back for treatment and hasn't played since
He's got all the attributes to have a decent career and has probably gone past some other fringe players in his position in the management's estimation
The club obviously fancy him to give a three year contract

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
In that game hyam got injured, he was shaky for a couple of minutes but then fit in really well.

Was composed on the ball

Pete in Portugal

3 year deal, that's pretty impressive. Apparently quite aa classy player who needs to work on being a bit more physical, that will come though and had 3 games at Solihull moors in which I think they kept 2 clean sheets as well.

Is the the start of a few contract extensions I wonder...

CONTRACT: Declan Drysdale Signs New Deal!

He looks so assured when bringing the ball out of defence, but sometimes his passes go astray, putting the defence under pressure.. I agree he needs to be more physical and he could do with another yard of pace to compete at Championship level. Overall, he's a great prospect.

Magwitch

Not seen him play but according to a pal who watches a lot of U23 home games reckons he could make a decent defensive midfielder, any thoughts on that ?

lord_garrincha

In that game against Rochdale, he played well. Had that shaky spell that led to their goal, but he came through it well and Walshy then went all Messi on us!

I hear a lot of talk about bringing in back up CBs, but I think Robins has total faith in both Drysdale (and Williams too)... If we can continue to play a 3, it will be better for his development having that 'safety blanket' when he comes into the team, rather than being thrust into a back 4... think of some of Ben Turner's early days!

junglej13

In that game against Rochdale, he played well. Had that shaky spell that led to their goal, but he came through it well and Walshy then went all Messi on us!

I hear a lot of talk about bringing in back up CBs, but I think Robins has total faith in both Drysdale (and Williams too)... If we can continue to play a 3, it will be better for his development having that 'safety blanket' when he comes into the team, rather than being thrust into a back 4... think of some of Ben Turner's early days!
Agree with this. Pask barely kicked a ball last year as well. We have good options at centre back.

Gibbo

You have to ask that if we have three young centre backs there should be no need to acquire, except possibly as a stop-gap. Otherwise why bother with them? My main concern about the back three is that neither Hyam nor MacF are very quick. But generally speaking there are more important gaps - left back, striker, creative midfield - than central defence.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Williams and Drysdale are very complimentary as they bring different aspects to the position. Probably neither are ready quite yet but maybe 6 months/year on loan and they'll be vying for a place as Fadz will probably have a limited shelf life. Add in Pask and if we could keep Rose and Hyam we've got the basis of a decent defence for years.

lordy_87

Slightly off topic but when I saw Williams at the Ricoh last season he looked a great prospect, real solid.

Users who are viewing this thread