Decent plumbers in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone recommend one?

We have a good plumber, but he is away on holiday and we have had varying degrees of success when trying others. One guy said his cal-lout was free for the first half hour, but then he would charge £40 an hour. He then proceeded to try and talk for half an hour before he did anything.

Just looking for a reliable, honest plumber. Good job for a fair price.

We are Keresley, but obviously anyone in the Coventry area would be good.

Otis

We have a few jobs.

We have a couple of leaky radiators. A toilet cistern that doesn't work properly, another toilet that needs a new cistern and we are also looking at replacing our shower, or getting the old one fixed.

Marty

Are the rads leaking at the vavles? What's wrong with the cisterns and what shower do you have?

Otis

Are the rads leaking at the vavles? What's wrong with the cisterns and what shower do you have?

Yeah, at the valves. Just drips, nothing major.

Hard to explain about the toilet, cause I don't know what the parts are called.

Otis

Yeah, at the valves. Just drips, nothing major.

Hard to explain about the toilet, cause I don't know what the parts are called.

The syphon!

What happens when you flush the toilet is that the syphon pops out and the pan just keeps filling, until you pop the syphon back in again.

Marty

The valves will be easy to fix. Turn off the rads at the opposite side to the one that is leaking. Undo the valve. Wrap 3 or 4 turns of PTFE tape around the olive and a bit onto the threads and tighten up. Should do the trick.

Described the problem with cistern.

Was a plumber for about 8 years before my knees gave in.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When I lived in Cov a few years ago, we had a problem with a leaking outside bog. It was a Bank Holiday so we were a bit apprehensive about the cost but it needed doing urgently. We called A1 Plumbit (or was it 1A Plumbit) and a guy came out straight away. He fixed the problem within half an hour, and also fitted brand new cistern workings. There was no charge for the fittings and he charged a normal call-out fee. All in all I think it was about £40. Well pleased.

blueflint

Anyone recommend one?

We have a good plumber, but he is away on holiday and we have had varying degrees of success when trying others. One guy said his cal-lout was free for the first half hour, but then he would charge £40 an hour. He then proceeded to try and talk for half an hour before he did anything.

Just looking for a reliable, honest plumber. Good job for a fair price.

i retired three years ago

We are Keresley, but obviously anyone in the Coventry area would be good.

Otis

Well I don't think that helps then does it, if you've retired.

Isn't that like someone screaming they are on fire and asking for you to throw a bucket of water over them and you say 'Oh, well, I had a bucket of water yesterday?'

blueflint

Well I don't think that helps then does it, if you've retired.

Isn't that like someone screaming they are on fire and asking for you to throw a bucket of water over them and you say 'Oh, well, I had a bucket of water yesterday?'

probably check out my address otis my call out would be astronomical

Users who are viewing this thread