Debate's in Decline on Sky Blue Matters (1 Viewer)

ICHAN

Thing's that has stood out for me during the whole takeover/keys issue should he shouldn't he is how fans have turned to name calling and somethings becoming quite a witch hunt.

Does it really matter weather some think he should and some think he shouldn't?
Debate by all means but the constant not a cov fan, you know f all, you want sisu to stay is beyond a fucking joke.
Not just on these subject's but it is also creeping on to other threads where if someone does not agree with someone elses point of view then they are instantly a sisu puppet, not a cov fan, a differant member in disguise etc, and this is becoming quite a common thing now, if thats what a few tweets from a bloke who happens to support cov and being a media person and sat with hoffman on a match day, then i would rather he had stayed at home and had never said a thing in the first place.

Healthy debate has come down to:

I am right your wrong.
People saying things like I know for a fact !!!!
Your not a Cov fan because you believe !!!
Your someone else and a muppet.
Your a sisu spy/muppet.

It just goes on and on and on.

Some will say well don't read it or join in or whatever fine, but why should I not be able to debate a topic without reading some and more of the above, I am all for friendly banter but I feel some of this is/has gone beyond friendly banter.

Astute

Does this make the ones calling Sillett names SISU puppets themselves?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I posted this first paragraph on another thread but it seems more appropriate here.....

Too many people seeing conspiracy round every corner. Too many people being intolerant and unwilling to listen to a different view. Our only strength is to be as one in support of our team - our greatest weakness is intolerance of a different opinion from those who support. Debate even argue, share your opinions and long may they be many & varied but do it with some damn respect especially for those who like you support the team in any way they can.

Too many seem to be taken in by those with a little fame, or are unquestioning of something they read or hear. 99% of what is here is opinion nothing more - a huge chunk of that is not even based on or fitting with the facts we are able to glean. So when folk vehemently state something as fact, refuse to even listen to others perhaps they should step back and ask themselves "does what I am saying actually fit the facts?" Of course some things have very few facts available - so accept that what you are saying is only an opinion.................................. it could be right or wrong.

I have absolutely no problem with some one having a completely opposite opinion to mine but be prepared to debate it and back it up with more than abuse, have some facts and an open mind. Abuse and accusations weakens your argument not mine. I am happy to accept that others know more on some/many things than me, but if you are going to jump to conclusions, call them facts when all they are is hearsay be prepared to be asked to prove it or accept it is really only an opinion.

BUT do it with respect to your fellow supporters, we all care about the team but we don't all see it the same way - god forbid we ever do

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I think if everyone goes into each thread with the philosophy that anyone thinking anything different is a WUM, board member, SISU fanboy, Leicester fan (I'd use 'fester' to really rub it in) or not as real a fan as what I am, everything will just be hunky dory.

Nick

Administrator
People fail to understand that people have different opinions, don't see how it is too hard to understand.

Why do people have to be in a sisu out or sisu in camp?

ICHAN

Don't know Nick, what will happen if people are not fully convinced about whoever takes us over what will they be called if they want to see what happens before they get to excited?

Users who are viewing this thread