Dear deluded..... (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Fortunately the majority on here accept that no team is going to win every game between now and the end of the season. OK, be disappointed when we don't win when the expectation was that a game is "winnable". We are going to lose between now and the end of the season, as are the rest of the teams above and below us. If we can continue averaging 2 point per game we will end up with 77 points. This may or may not be enough to get us into the play-offs. As I mentioned, most on here realize that but I expect the odd doom merchants to moan !

Grendel

Problem is we are average nowhere near that at home. That will catch up with us ultimately.

Grendel

No who is "deluded"?

wingy

I fully expect a reaction on Wednesday,the manager for the first time eulegised about the team after Donny and let them off the leash a little ,i fully expect the reins to to be shortened once more .

Otis

No-one is moaning about yesterday i don't think. I am delighted with a draw and I think pretty much everyone is.

Just that yesterday should a great big dollop of reality is needed. On Friday there was talk of title ambition. We have to just face it, we are not very good at home. In fact, we are pretty piss poor. Just 3 wins in 12 home games. That is shocking.

Just reality needed. it's not doom and gloom. I am quite happy at the mo. We didn't lose and we are pulling well clear of the bottom of the table.

Otis

Fortunately the majority on here accept that no team is going to win every game between now and the end of the season. OK, be disappointed when we don't win when the expectation was that a game is "winnable". We are going to lose between now and the end of the season, as are the rest of the teams above and below us. If we can continue averaging 2 point per game we will end up with 77 points. This may or may not be enough to get us into the play-offs. As I mentioned, most on here realize that but I expect the odd doom merchants to moan !

I do have to pick up on this doom and gloom merchant thing I'm afraid.

Surely doom and gloom merchants would be people saying we are going to get relegated or will be close to the bottom 4 wouldn't they?

How can people who say we will do okay, top half, but not make the play-offs, be all doom and gloom? Don't get it. I really don't.

Doom and gloom? Midtable and decent season? I think not!

Covstu

the draw was a fair result to the game, yes we would all like to win them all but isn't going to happen. Not losing is the main thing though

dongonzalos

Stats are great aren't they, they can be manipulated in any way to support any opinion.
Over the last 11 games we are averaging
1.3 points at home and 2.4 points away.
So 3.7 points when you combine a home and away.

So we are only 0.3 of the magic 4 point combined ratio.

So 0.3 of a point of grand delusion.....

dongonzalos

I do have to pick up on this doom and gloom merchant thing I'm afraid.

Surely doom and gloom merchants would be people saying we are going to get relegated or will be close to the bottom 4 wouldn't they?

How can people who say we will do okay, top half, but not make the play-offs, be all doom and gloom? Don't get it. I really don't.

Doom and gloom? Midtable and decent season? I think not!

Someone did say we are in a relegation battle with this squad

Otis

Yet most of us are labelled as being doom and gloom who simply say we won't make the play-offs.

How many have said we'll be relegated? 1? 2?

dongonzalos

Yet most of us are labelled as being doom and gloom who simply say we won't make the play-offs.

How many have said we'll be relegated? 1? 2?

No saying top half is not doom and gloom

It was just one individual I think :)

This squad should easily be in the top six
SISU's shit decisions either in the summer or a couple of weeks in (depending on ypur view) have cocked that up.

We have a subs bench that would feature in most teams first 11.

It is a big ask of Robins but this squad with all the off field shite in my opinion would have been top two or comfortable in the play offs. So I don't think the idea of excelling between now and the end of the season and swapping places with Tranmere for sixth spot is not doable :)

dongonzalos

The flip side of it as well Otis for suggesting that the top six was doable in the past you have told me I am speaking pure fantasy and that it really is mission impossible.

I have not called you a doom and gloom merchant.

However if some people have when you suggest those who believe it is possible are fantasists I can see why they may suggest you are doom and gloom.

Anyway back to my delusional world :)

Users who are viewing this thread