Dean Cox (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Hope we sign this lad from Orient now they've gone down to League 2. Quality winger for this level

Jackoskyblue

We need to be looking at hand picking the best players from the 4 that went down some good players in that mix, good way to go if you add some young premiership talent and a few older heads

Jackoskyblue

Dean Cox - Leyton Orient
Jobi Mcanuff - Leyton Orient
Joel Grant - Yeovil
Matthias Pogba - Crawley
Izzale McLeod - Crawley

stupot07

Dean Cox - Leyton Orient - yep, decent player
Jobi Mcanuff - Leyton Orient - no thanks 34 in Nov, too old for a winger
Joel Grant - Yeovil - no thanks
Matthias Pogba - Crawley - no thanks
Izzale McLeod - Crawley - proven in this league would be worth a punt but I personally wouldn't want to sign too many 30+ year olds and there may be better options out there in the summer.

Only my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Hincha

Also should look at league 2 play off teams who don't get promoted, bound to be a few gems in there who have experienced a successful season.

johnwillomagic

Cox yes for sure
McAnuff had it do not touch with a bargepole
Not really bothered about others though Mccleod does have good goalscoring record.

Jackoskyblue

My opinion is when you look at teams that go up there's always 2 or 3 30+ year olds that are crucial especially if your using young players like we do which is why Reda has been so important this season. McAnuff has been there and done it granted he wouldn't be a starter in my opinion but would be good to have around the squad. However there is a lot of similar players and could get someone better but its just a thought

stupot07

My opinion is when you look at teams that go up there's always 2 or 3 30+ year olds that are crucial especially if your using young players like we do which is why Reda has been so important this season. McAnuff has been there and done it granted he wouldn't be a starter in my opinion but would be good to have around the squad. However there is a lot of similar players and could get someone better but its just a thought

I agree there will be 1 or 2 30+ year olds but any you do sign have got to be good enough and fit enough to warrant a starting place like wilbraham and Elliott for Bristol or baker for MK Dons. I also agree with what NW said on another thread, bringing in players who already know failure isn't conducive to bringing a winning attitude to the club. Mcanuff is past it now, we're 2-3 years too late to sign him IMO, and I don't see the point of signing him just to have around the squad, could have just kept sheffers for the very same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

All was going well until you mentioned mcshufty

That's my point. Signing a 34 to just be around the squad because of their experience. Got to bring in players that will add and regularly contribute to the team

kg82

Only one I'd take out of those is Cox, but I bet he'll go to somewhere like Millwall, Peterborough or Swindon (if they don't go up).

Sick Boy

I thought that Johnson was 26? Considering that some still label Burge as a 'kid' then surely he is merely a youngster too?

stevefloyd

That's my point. Signing a 34 to just be around the squad because of their experience. Got to bring in players that will add and regularly contribute to the team
I get your point but just a bad example

ccfc_Tom

Dunno whats happened to jay simpson at orient, used to be class. I'd take him if his attitude is right

simonregis

In my opinion if you look at the clubs who got promoted and see who they signed in the last window that is the quality we need. Players like Baker who ended up as MK player of the year that is the quality we need. How can you allow your best players to leave?

Chipfat

In my opinion if you look at the clubs who got promoted and see who they signed in the last window that is the quality we need. Players like Baker who ended up as MK player of the year that is the quality we need. How can you allow your best players to leave?[/QUOTe

Because SW thought that letting Baker go to bring in multiple players would by better and save money, the same with Wilson let 1 go bring in 3 that will strengthen the squad.. Problem is you fill the squad with mediocre players while letting the better ones go,, quantity instead of quality has never worked... So SW and SISU will try again this summer with another thought process and direction in policy,, all the time going round in circles...

TM needs backing and needs a free hand to bring in and build with the younger talented players he already has and create a solid 1st team, also if he is given the chance he will get players on the same page.. Problem is players come here knowing the state of the club off the field and that makes it hard to sell that we are forward thinking and moving in the correct direction.. Belief, togetherness and structure allows clubs and squads to go forward, any club that has gone forward always has plans and direction off the field...

And no better club than ours is a greater example,, Jimmy Hill revolutionized the club and most if not all players stuck with it through the divisions. Swansea in modern day football have done it from bottom to top with a nucleus of players that believe in what the club is doing in every aspect... So why sell the best players ,,, its to run the club as our owners have no others ideas or football knowledge in doing it....

Last edited:

ps1948

Chipfat, while agreeing with most of what you say, I can only point out that everyone has their price.....even Manure had to sell Ronaldo when he decided he was going to go. Wilson's departure was only to be expected, and we got a realistic price (at the time) for a player with only one really good season. Chesterfield sold Eoin Doyle, who had scored plenty of goals this and last season, for far less, and he hasn't been as successful as Callum.....so it was a risk by Bournemouth - which paid off massively!

Moff

Might as well sign a player called Cox, as our club is run by them.

Taxi for Moff....

Users who are viewing this thread