Deagan (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Anyone know about his fitness?
I fear we are riding our luck in the middle and if we get an injury to Clingan we will need him more than ever or we will be putting boots on Carsley!

Think i briefly caught on CWR this morning that he was off elsewhere for further treatment as he nears recovery. Pretty unhelpful information and i got none of the specific details, but was still half asleep. Tried to help!
As for Carsley, im definitely confused with his eligibility to still play! Thought we didnt renew his contract, he had retired, and became a youth coach. If say, we did need him to play, due to injuries etc, would he need a new contract drawn up, signing fees, put through the FA etc? I've no idea.

rswxite

The club apparently still holds carsleys players registration, so don't think anything would need to be done!

CovScott88

Think i briefly caught on CWR this morning that he was off elsewhere for further treatment as he nears recovery. Pretty unhelpful information and i got none of the specific details, but was still half asleep. Tried to help!
As for Carsley, im definitely confused with his eligibility to still play! Thought we didnt renew his contract, he had retired, and became a youth coach. If say, we did need him to play, due to injuries etc, would he need a new contract drawn up, signing fees, put through the FA etc? I've no idea.

:thinking about: It's possible to sign players on non-contract terms, so I would imagine that would also be applicable in Lee Carsley's situation. As long as he is registered as a member of Coventry City's playing staff, then he eligible to play.........I think.

Tonylinc

In Deegan I'm afraid we have on our hands another perpetual sick note. He will not play any more than two games in succesion I'm afraid. We have seen this before with players; some cannot take the riguers of league football week in week out. As for whether or not he has the talent to make it......I don't think we will ever find out.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I understand what people say about Deagan, but he's been a bit unlucky, he seams to have picked up injuries in training rather than games.

I so badly want him to be be the player I'd hoped for, bit like roy keane ..... I can dream can't I lol..

Jason Stubbs

It really is a shame. I thought he looked promising, from what we have seen of him, and I just hope he can establish himself once he's fit.

J

Jack Griffin

He seems to try to come back too soon, 'go for it' & re-injure himself, I hope this time he is more cautious.

CCFC123

Deegan should of been paid off a long time ago. a utter sham of a signing and another waste of time of another player that hasn't done a thing at the club and a player we can't afford to continue with.

If we are brought out dont be surprised if Deegan's paid off. (Throw Bell into the pot as well as Deegan while were at it. 4 years extension!

pusbccfc

Deegan, from what I have seen off him a great player real battler and tough guy, someone I think we need in the squad as we have 4lightweights in the midfield baker bell clingan and gael.
Whether he will perform to out standards in thronys way off play I don't know, but I'm sure he will give it a go.

CCFC123

In Deegan I'm afraid we have on our hands another perpetual sick note. He will not play any more than two games in succesion I'm afraid. We have seen this before with players; some cannot take the riguers of league football week in week out. As for whether or not he has the talent to make it......I don't think we will ever find out.

great post- couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread