Dead Musicians On The Radio (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

There's a new radio station called Radio Dead where they play only records by acts who've passed away.When you think about it they have some great music they can play,as just think of the greats that have died.I'll kick off with a few records I'd want to hear :purple Haze-Hendrix,Imagine-Lennon,Golden Years-Bowie-Walk On The Wild Side-Lou Reed,and Piece Of My Heart-Janis Joplin. Any more ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Johnny cash and his cover of hurt
Freddie Mercury - the great pretender

J

Jack Griffin

I'd have to veto anything by Elvis or Sinatra though.

Johnnythespider

Ludwig vans 9th symphony. He is both dead and deaf

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

musicmanskyblue

Ride A White Swan, T-Rex (Marc Bolan)
Roundabout, Yes (Chris Squires)
Child In Time, Deep Purple (Jon Lord)
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd ( Rick Wright)
Teen Spirit, Nirvana (Kurt Cobain)
Riders on the Storm, Doors (Jim Morrison)
Whole Lotta Love, Led Zeppelin (John Bonnam)
Freebird, Lynyrd Skynyrd (Half the band)
Faith Healer, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band ( Alex Harvey)
Pennicillin Blues, Stone the Crows (Leslie Harvey)
I Don't Need No Doctor, Humble Pie ( Steve Marriot)
Ba Ba O'Rielly, The Who (John Entwistle)
All Right Now, Free (Andy Fraser)
Messin With The Kid, Rory Gallagher
Texas Flood, Stevie Ray Vaughan

Fuck me I'm depressed now...

Last edited:

wingy

It sounds a bit macabre but when you think of the back catalogue available it's so logical given that all the other stations restrict themselves to a fragment of the huge vault of excellence produced.

Otis

Do they cross their fingers every day they draw up their play-lists, in the hope that someone else they like has just popped their clogs?

What if you're one of the DJ's and your favourite artist is Elton John? You must be down on your knees each night praying to Jesus!!

Parasite - Nick Drake

Isolation - Joy Division

Babylon is Burning - The Ruts

Woman is the Nigger of the World - John Lennon

Next - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce

Jeepster - T Rex

Rock n Roll Suicide - David Bowie

Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Lazy Sunday - The Small Faces

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Journey - Duncan Browne

Oh Bondage Up Yours - X-ray Spex

London's Burning - The Clash

Thoughts of You - Dennis Wilson

Otis

One question immediately springs to mind though. Does it have to be the writer of songs if it is a band, or the singer, or key member? Or can it be any member at all?

Loads of bands change their drummers all the time and there's a whole trail of dead drummers.

Just wonder where they draw the line. Does it have to be a key member of the band? And to what degree? Just how key?

Thinking about it, it's given me an idea to go the other way! Start up a radio station playing only really bad songs, by really bad current artists and call it Radio Wish You Were Dead!

That would be even more popular.

bringbackrattles

One question immediately springs to mind though. Does it have to be the writer of songs if it is a band, or the singer, or key member? Or can it be any member at all?

Loads of bands change their drummers all the time and there's a whole trail of dead drummers.

Just wonder where they draw the line. Does it have to be a key member of the band? And to what degree? Just how key?

Thinking about it, it's given me an idea to go the other way! Start up a radio station playing only really bad songs, by really bad current artists and call it Radio Wish You Were Dead!

Reading about the station in the paper the only thing required it says is that the artist or band etc is dead. I reckon it's a great idea myself,and the D.J. reckons he's got enough material to make it a success.Just think they could play Bowie for one whole day as his back catalogue is immense !

bringbackrattles

Then again Lemmy's gone and Animal the drummer,but not all the band are dead of Motorhead are they ? I guess as long as one member has popped his clogs that's all that matters. I've been to a concert when I've felt like death to be honest !

Otis

Then again Lemmy's gone and Animal the drummer,but not all the band are dead of Motorhead are they ? I guess as long as one member has popped his clogs that's all that matters. I've been to a concert when I've felt like death to be honest !
Normal death, or Megadeath?

Otis

I can only relate to Kriss, he makes sense, but I can never get Kross.

Last edited:

wingy

Yeah you could call it X factor or something.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's about time Cliff Richard was played on that station!

Users who are viewing this thread