David Conn article in Guardian (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Always a good read.. that's 2 articles today!

Coventry City supporters will fill the Ricoh Arena for Friday night’s League One match against Gillingham, an emotional demonstration of enduring loyalty after the awful year in which the club’s owner, the hedge fund Sisu, moved it out of Coventry.

The return vindicates the overwhelming majority of fans who refused to countenance the move to Northampton, but Sisu still owns the club.

more...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/04/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-gillingham-sisu?CMP=twt_gu

6 Generations

Throughout this 'charade' many have been 'conned'. David is not one of them. We should be grateful in times of sensationalist headline seeking that there remains a true and caring journalist.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Good report! Nice one David Conn. (Is he a CCFC supporter? :whistle: )

Good report! Nice one David Conn. (Is he a CCFC supporter? :whistle: )

No, he is attached to another Sky Blue team from Manchester. But that doesn't make him a bad person ... in fact he is a top bloke who genuinely cares about the soul of our National Game. I commend his excellent book 'Richer than God' to any Coventry City fan.

Delboycov

No one...including a small minority of our own fans has a better understanding of what's happened here. So much respect to an impartial observer...and no matter what anyone says he is impartial...for bringing our plight to a wider, national audience.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

A good report. He has been following our debacle for years now and he speaks truth and truth only. There are a few wrong facts in his article today mind you but seems through carelessness than maliciousness.

He is a regular tweeter about us and only cares for the national game as a whole and that's why he quotes quite a lot and followed our situation. Read his book as it's decent.

Sky Blue Kid

A good report. He has been following our debacle for years now and he speaks truth and truth only. There are a few wrong facts in his article today mind you but seems through carelessness than maliciousness. He is a regular tweeter about us and only cares for the national game as a whole and that's why he quotes quite a lot and followed our situation. Read his book as it's decent.
He rightly says about the "Temporary" relocation to the Ricoh for between 2-4 years. Of course he's only being a sensationalist like me though(According to ajsccfc). Mark my,(and his) words, this debacle isn't over by a long way.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
A very good concise summary of what went on.

This is not over yet and there are still some serious problems to sort out.

skybluericoh

Very good summary. Even he thinks that NOPM has forced them into this U turn, but makes it clear that this is not over by a long shot. Some how we need to be able to support the club but let SISU know that we will not follw them blindly.

Build us a 36k stadium with confrencing, great transport links, ability to stage international events etc. and I'll follow. Build something that condems us to never being able to dream of big times and 'I'm out'.

Over to you Timmy boy

Users who are viewing this thread