Darren Huckerby his Coventry Goals (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Gordon Strachen also said that he was a scorer of great goals not a great gaol scorer. He never said anything so true.

searmh

the huckerby goal v man utd when one of our players body checks a united defender to stop him challenging hucks was classic

Johnnythespider

God i loved watching him play, on his day he was unplayable. thanks deano.

skybluelee

the huckerby goal v man utd when one of our players body checks a united defender to stop him challenging hucks was classic

Yep, Whelan. That day was one of the happiest of my life. The last 3 mins on Thursday brought about similar feelings. Hopefully there wont be another 15 year gap between the next time.

ohitsaidwalker king power

What a player he was.... I guess you never really realise until it's gone... but my god we were privileged as Sky Blues fans to watch him and others of that era...:claping hands:

Here are all but one of his goals during his time with the Sky Blues
Was described by Gordon Strachan 'one day he's a world beater the next a panel beater.
http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/view?q=50f45459d4716.flv

he must hold the record off sides in a season.

For those who haven't take out time to watch this video - a true entertainer if ever there was one.

*scored with both feet
*significant number of goals from outside box
*plenty of mazy runs before scoring

Hucks was a nightmare to mark could go inside and out with very few tap in goals and what contributed to his one on one goals was the quality and accuracy of balls from midfield either to feet or over the top.

Whilst at CCFC (1996-1999) scored 28 goals in 94 league games equiv now to scoring 14 in a 46 game season - fond memories Hucks

CarpyCov84

Amazed me why we never re signed him I remember playing Norwich who were top of the championship they beat us 2-0 after 2 bits of magic from Hucks.They won the league that season what a player he was,good down to earth lad also,would still tear this league apart now.

LilleSkyBlue

My favourite Cov player of all time, brilliant vid, thanks.

I have always loved beating Forest, and that hat trick was something else.

Users who are viewing this thread