Danny Rose (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

no one should have to put up with abuse for being a particular colour but does anyone else think he gets well recompensed for his trouble?

And can’t wait to retire comments are a bit much?

I can’t work out if I’m just jealous or worse a little racist

pastythegreat

I don't think he gets well recompensed for his trouble as you put it. Nobody, regardless of money should have to put up with discrimination of any form.
I do think however that coming out with shit like "I can't wait to retire from football" is a bit fucking stupid. He can always join the army or work in McDonald's and earn a pittance and STILL be subject to racist remarks. Just because he no longer plays profesional football doesn't mean he won't hear racism. If it really bothers him that much, he's more than welcome to live in my council house and earn my wage.

Sky Blue Pete

I don't think he gets well recompensed for his trouble as you put it. Nobody, regardless of money should have to put up with discrimination of any form.
I do think however that coming out with shit like "I can't wait to retire from football" is a bit fucking stupid. He can always join the army or work in McDonald's and earn a pittance and STILL be subject to racist remarks. Just because he no longer plays profesional football doesn't mean he won't hear racism. If it really bothers him that much, he's more than welcome to live in my council house and earn my wage.
Yeah that’s true too

Gazolba

Yes, we should all live in a perfect world where nothing anyone else ever says or does upsets us in any way. But we don't and we never will.
I'd admire him if he quit football, gave up his twenty-five thousand a week or whatever it is and found alternative employment earning a meager salary like the rest of us.
Put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

Grendel

Yes, we should all live in a perfect world where nothing anyone else ever says or does upsets us in any way. But we don't and we never will.
I'd admire him if he quit football, gave up his twenty-five thousand a week or whatever it is and found alternative employment earning a meager salary like the rest of us.
Put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

How surprising you have this view

NorthernWisdom

no one should have to put up with abuse for being a particular colour but does anyone else think he gets well recompensed for his trouble?

And can’t wait to retire comments are a bit much?

I can’t work out if I’m just jealous or worse a little racist
A bit like mental health issues, how much somebody earns should be irrelevant to a debate over racism.

eastwoodsdustman

I’m not so sure that it was just about lack of action from fifa and uefa on the abuse. The bit that annoys me is that he’s decided to see another 6 years out before throwing in the towel. The way he talks, he doesn’t seem to enjoy football. I know it’s a job for some but if he hated it so much then surely he’s made enough money to walk away. Others have lost their love of football it in the past and walked away.

The Great Eastern

I’m not so sure that it was just about lack of action from fifa and uefa on the abuse. The bit that annoys me is that he’s decided to see another 6 years out before throwing in the towel. The way he talks, he doesn’t seem to enjoy football. I know it’s a job for some but if he hated it so much then surely he’s made enough money to walk away. Others have lost their love of football it in the past and walked away.
David Batty didn't like football but just happened to be rather good at it so made a good living out of it. Not everybody is/was as enthusiastic about playing the game as, for example, Paul Gascoine.

Sick Boy

David Batty didn't like football but just happened to be rather good at it so made a good living out of it. Not everybody is/was as enthusiastic about playing the game as, for example, Paul Gascoine.
I'm sure that there is quite a sizeable number of pros who are not actually all that passionate about the game.

Exit Stage Left

If Danny Rose agrees to this job swap would you then be prepared to play left-back at Tottenham?

eastwoodsdustman

When Danny Rose talks about how racism is brushed aside and not dealt with, people focusing on the money he earns are proving his point.
No he hates football but he’s giving it another 6 years. My point is that others have fallen out of love for the game and walked away from it.

Brighton Sky Blue

When Danny Rose talks about how racism is brushed aside and not dealt with, people focusing on the money he earns are proving his point.

While on discrimination wonder how many gay players have stayed in the closet to avoid dog’s abuse from the stands.

Terry Gibson's perm

While on discrimination wonder how many gay players have stayed in the closet to avoid dog’s abuse from the stands.

Unfortunately over the years many but this isn’t exclusive to football, rugby and cricket are the same, all those cricketers in the county championship and only one openly gay one?

Skybluefaz

Bit Dissapointed by the 'can't wait to retire' comment. I think when he sits down and analyses that he might realise that he's giving the bastards a win. I'd much prefer a bit of fuck em attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread