Danny Fox signs for Saints (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
article-1199896-03B8D18B000005DC-591_224x423.jpg

Southampton have completed the signing of Danny Fox from Burnley for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old, who is comfortable in both defence and midfield, has signed a four-year contract.

Fox, who began his career at Everton, had spells at Walsall, Coventry and Celtic before Burnley offered him Premier League football in 2010.

Subject to Football League clearance, Fox could make his debut this weekend against Barnsley.

Saints' manager Nigel Adkins BBC Radio Solent: "He is very talented and is still at a very good age.

"We have also got Dan Harding who plays in his position and Jack Cork, so we have great competition for places."

Fox added: "Southampton are a Premier League club in the Championship. The chairman's ambitions match mine, and I want to be part of something special here."

CovScott88

If only we had money!! Sure most Cov fans would have welcomed him back! i would!

Definitely, Foxy was one of my favourite players, was gutted when he left. Him and Hussey interchanging down the left would have been quality. Reminiscent of how Babayaro and Le Saux used to do for Chelsea a few years ago.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Fox was my favourite player when he was here, out of the power 4, he was the one I most didn't want to leave

Exactly the same mate, exactly the same. :(

Spanieldencer

Fox made the mistake of going into Scottish football. Wasn't a good step in his career and i think he now knows it. I did rate Fox higher than Dann, but look what the wrong move can do to you...

ccfcdan

I don't think he carried the form that he had here with him to Celtic otherwise he would of excelled in the Scot premier. I think he said a few months ago that he would love to return to the Ricoh. Shame we've got no funds as he would of came! :(

Covstu

His career has not really taken off since he left us has it, i think the saints will do well this season though shame we could not have him back alothough i have high hopes for Hussey

rob9872

Is he trying to get more clubs than John Burridge ? Even Freddie thinks he's a pikey!

rob9872

Cheers mate. I'm going nowhere btw, you're stuck with me unless they ban me :)

rob9872

Go for it - I'm off to GMK :)

SkyBlueMania

Fox was absolutely horrendous at Celtic. The few occasions I saw him play for Coventry his crossing from deep and dead ball situations were one of his major assets. At Celtic he couldn't cross a ball to save his life, it was infuriating to watch as I'd been telling all my pals how good he was and he just totally flopped. He was solid enough in defence but when pushing forward he just wasn't up to it. I was surprised when Burnley signed him, a very strange decision considering his poor form.

Adam Jones

Loved him when he was with us. I thought he was the biggest asset in our squad in 2008/09, and more consistent even than Scott Dann. He always showed a great first touch, had bags of pace, loved to get forward, and was never caught out on the counter. His free-kicks and corners were always threatening, too. I've seldom been more disappointed to see a player leave the club.

Users who are viewing this thread