Daniel Pelka (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

When I lived in Bond Street in the 1950s and a neighbour (mistakenly) thought I wasn't being fed properly she fed me herself!

That's the difference between Coventry then and Coventry now, we had a "community" then which looked after its own.

Sad that these days are gone!!

Nick

Administrator
Parents found guilty, lets hope they get a nice reception when they get sent down...

Also need a review of policies of schools / social workers etc.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Poor little mite ........... I hope they lock them up and throw away the key when they sentence the parents

aloisiwouldhavescored

Exactly what I was going to say. Hope they rot in hell. The system certainly needs looking at, that they got away with it for so long.

SallyCinnamon

It's the most heartbreaking case of child abuse I've ever followed. And there seems to be no reason for it as when he started the school six months before his death he seemed normal and 'plump', slowly withdrawing into himself and becoming emaciated in the period leading to his death. Brings tears to my eyes every time I see his little face. R.I.P. Daniel. Prisoners don't take kindly to child abusers behind bars. And while I know two wrongs don't make a right I hope they get what they deserve.

M&B Stand

Just heard details about the case on 5 live on my way home from work. It's left me sick. A defenceless boy tortured by the people he loved. I hope a fellow lag in whatever jail they go to holds their heads under the water....till they die

D

Deleted member 4232

Absolutely disgusting. Can't believe how things like this can be reality for people.

valiant15

Throw them in the chair,fry the bastards. This thing is very close to my heart. Heartbreaking that this kind of thing still happens.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Poor poor boy! What a dreadful short life he must have endured at the hands of his so called parents (albeit the male was his mums partner, and not his biological father).

I hope they get life, and made to serve life! Ideally in squaller like conditions, but that's unlikely with British prisons.

Here's hoping in mates get wind of what they done and give them a proper prison treatment.

I don't condone violence but when people commit crimes of this nature, especially towards such a young, fragile, vulnerable child, they deserve all they get when behind bars!

RedSalmon

Its heart breaking to hear what he went through. The people who put him through it are vile, utter scum who deserve evrything they will undoubtedly get when they are locked up. What ever is coming their way in prison I just hope it is agonising and utterly painful.

As I have said earlier on this thread, how many people, possibly within the Polish community, may have suspected something was going on but for whatever reason said nothing. We all have a duty when it comes to child protection. No one has the option to look the other way.

RedSalmon

Just saw Geoffrey Robinson asking for openness with regard to the investigetion about this case.

The hypocrasy of the arsehole is breath taking!!!!

Typical politician!!!!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sentenced to life with a minimum of 30 years. Let's hope they don't last.

and lets hope that the time they have left.. is as tortuous as the time this poor little fella had on earth.. I wish them a slow, painful and humiliating existence... and an equally slow and miserable death.
I'm all in favour of corporal punishment and an eye for an eye.. but on this occasion let them rot in hell.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The whole thing makes me feel sick to the stomach! I do think Social Services have a difficult job, but agree more could (and should) have been done to protect him from this abuse.

Then again, there have been far too many high-profile cases in recent years of this kind of thing, and each one is followed by a 'review'. I think that in itself shows its difficult for every family to be checked on.

Yet local authorities have services cut year on year!

Maybe the Government need to take a good hard look at these cases and ensure that any cuts do not infringe child protection.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyone know whereabouts in Coventry these bastards lived? Anyone know them? The house should be pulled down. Who would want to live there now? I couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread