Cyrus Christie Or Jordan Clarke ????? (1 Viewer)

skybluek

As we all know Christie has had a fantastic start to his first season in the sky blues 1st team but who would you rather have at RB

Cyrus Christie: for his 1st season in the 1st team he has been outstanding hes a very attacking RB but not as good defending VS a very good winger Craig Noone he was out of place but was still good going forward in that match that was his 1st really challenging test but is inexpeirenced

Jordan Clarke: He's out injured at the moment but if he was not injured would you favour him over Cyrus he's got expirence for starters he has captained the under 16 academy side and has also been capped with england in that same year and has been capped for the under 20 side aswell earlier this year he enjoyed 22 appearances in the 10/11 season also scoring a goal at oakwell he offers a threat going forward and is also decent at the back

So who would you prefer at RB for me Jordan Clarke just beats cyrus to the spot

shmmeee

Keogh for me. Id like to see what Christie can do from right midfield for a game or two. Would offer some pace going forward and is more mobile than David Bell

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For me, Christie, even with his faults (which are limited) has earnt his place. There is no doubt Clarke has potential to become a good player for us, but considering Christie (I believe - never actually seen him at academy level so am happy to be corrected if incorrect) is naturally a Centre BAck, he has done a fantastic job at adapting the RB role. Due to this I would continue to choose Christie over Clarke.

I have previously posed the question about having the two of them playing, one in front of the other. As mentioned in the opening post, Christie is excellent going forward, there is no doubt about that and should he be dropped, we would miss out on his much improved crossing. I rate his crosses to be on par with Hussey's! Both have an exceptional cross on them! So maybe Clarke could fill in at RB. Atleast then we may have the RM covering the RB (but this would mean getting a player who has already converted between positions to revert to an altogether new role, as there is alot of difference between a defender and midfielder). Is worth consideration though considering our low personnel numbers.

PUSB

skybluegod

jordan clarke is back from injury and was impressed last season by him.

but cyrus has been outstanding in most of our games and has a real attacking threat .

i would have rolling starts for each of them.

rob9872

An area that we have adequete depth for once. Not so long ago RB was a real problem for us, niw we have choices and good choices. I worry CC will be sold but if the deal is right and he is and that then means that we keep Keogh, Thomas and Juke then its a position we can afford to take.

Ccfcisparks

I would put crystie on right mid if im honest with you, quickest playe in the squad and can beat a man. And he has the best cross in the squad!

jwoodall

play both drop bell move cyrus to right midfield and clarke at right back. that adds pace to midfield which has been lacking

wingy

Clarke was doing ok ,But Christie definately has more confidence in the attacking sense ,more end product ,and an extra couple of inches in defensive situations ,and generally looks hungrier in his approach.

Lord_Nampil

Jordon Clarke is an outstanding prospect who needs games to get back into his stride, Christie is good but for me Clarke is head and solders above him when it comes to playing right back.

Man marking Adam Johnson out of the game against Middlesborough a few years back show he is quality!

Until hes back you cant judge him against Christie, i am guessing Saturday u may see him!!!

skybluek

I think Clarke is much at better doing the main job of a RB and thats to defend the goal and i think clarke is better in doing that

PVA

Clarke. Better defender.

And to those saying play Christie right midfield... We don't play right or left midfielders, 4 central mids.

pusbccfc

Cyrus played up front for his school woodlands 2 years ago!!!
Going forward he is a real threat! By far the quickest when he gets going, he's fairly strong and has a decent cross on him, imo as many have said on here, give him ago in midfield.
Also his throw, is a real threat, not a huge distance but with juke or platt flick ons are more than definite to occur, with macca or baker who scored from this position already this season, can have a clear cut chance on goal.
Clarke is a class right back,and would more than defiantly be there if it wasn't for injury.
He also is quick but better defensively.

skybluek

Ok The Conclusion Is That Clarke Is A Better RB But Christie Is Better Going Forward So We Have Good Players At RB

Nonleagueherewecome

Clarke for me, he was awesome under AT last season. But it'll take him a while to get fit, so Cyrus for now; start introducing Clarke as sub when Christie tires, then they can rotate based on form/performance/tiredness.

@richh87

Both good in different ways. I like Christie's pace going forward so prefer him. Maybe rotate leading on what winner they're up against - for example Clarke may have been better against Craig Noone.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

A year on so much has changed .......

Is funny - there a section of fans who always want to be looking for negatives. We have moved on from baker, hussey and mcsheffrey to our RBs - one of our strongest positions IMO.

I have always been a big fan of clarke but rate christie also.

Think clarke is better defensively and at linking up with midfield - some of his play with norwood last season was excellent. He is generally also better at crossing too.

Christie is obviously quicker and can take on players for pace getting forward but also helps when chasing back. His strengths make him more of a RM at the moment but he is improving defensively.

They both play the role well and is brilliant to have two young players who came through our ranks vying for the first team spot.

Thought christie had a bad game on saturday - but everyone has off days - why are we always so quick to write off players.

Unbeaten in 9 - shouldn't we be happy :)

PUSB

Otis

Clarke is the better defender. Christie is better coming forwards.

It's a close call to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread