Cyrille Regis (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I remember being completely rocked by his passing. I heard it from Alan Brazil talksport on the way to work and had to pull over. Incredible 3 years gone so quickly.

Magwitch

I remember being completely rocked by his passing. I heard it from Alan Brazil talksport on the way to work and had to pull over. Incredible 3 years gone so quickly.
I remember that day too I was driving a mini-bus with school kids on listening to Alan Brazil waffling away as he does and he stopped dead mid-speech and revealed the terrible news he sounded devastated such a sad day for us City fans and to be fair West Brom fans too.

Otis

I must be losing it. I had forgotten that he had died. 😥

Only when the OP said about 3 years ago, did it all come flooding back.

SkyBlueCharlie9

I too heard of Cyrille's passing on radio on drive to work. I genuinely shed a year as he was my first hero growing up..... til he banged that header for Villa in 92ish final game!

steve101

I miss big Cyrille. He was an awesome player, and by all accounts a terrific person too.

Keep those match reports coming if you can, Steve, it takes me back to the days when I couldn't wait to get hold of the pink to read the report on the game I'd just watched! :)
I could start a new thread of Pink match reports?

Magwitch

I could start a new thread of Pink match reports?
That would be great nostalgia, I remember getting to Belshaws paper shop in Sandy Lane just before six and queue for the Pink they always sold out, if they did I would have go on to the Coachmakers club who had them too

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If someone had asked me, I'd have said around about a year or so.
It's strange that when someone you greatly admire dies, time seems to fly by. My personal celebrities are, John Lennon (40 years), Leonard Cohen (4¼ years), David Bowie (5 years), Rik Mayall (6½ years), Tom Petty (3½ years). Probably more but all of these don't seem as if they've been gone as long as they have.

letsallsingtogether

What days they were great time watching great players in our spiritual home.
No matter what happens in the years to come they will never be bettered.

oakey

I heard the sad news just before a briefing at work. My colleague of 20 years is a Jamaican Baggies fan who idolised Cyrille as a youngster.
Just as I was breaking the news the room went silent so I whispered. She was so shocked and upset and glared at me as if I was making a crap joke for the rest of the short meeting.
Cyrille was more loved than any player in the last 50 years IMO

Irish Sky Blue

Sadly before my time but so reminded me of Dion who was my favourite player growing up. That Cup goal at Wednesday was a thing of beauty
Both players great for City, but very different in the way they played. Cyrille had pace and power. He was very mobile and happy with the ball at his feet driving at defences. He also had a cannonball shot. A more explosive player than Dion.

Brighton Sky Blue

Both players great for City, but very different in the way they played. Cyrille had pace and power. He was very mobile and happy with the ball at his feet driving at defences. He also had a cannonball shot. A more explosive player than Dion.

One can only garner so much from a highlight reel, alas

Users who are viewing this thread