Cwr this morning (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody listen to see how much they got away with?

Nick

Administrator
Live: Wasps CEO and Coventry City Council leader speak on club crisis

Haven't heard it yet but reading that it looks like Duggins just bullshitted again about the 4 year thing without it being pointed out.

All of them are getting free rides pretty much, the opportunity has been there to call them out (Fisher on Talksport). Boddy repeated the 6 mile thing last night, call him out on that and say "the EFL dont seem to have said anything about that in their statements"

Forever_Blue

Eastwood said the perfect scenario would be for a joint Ricoh ownership enterprise with both clubs sharing ticketing and events income etc. Something tells me this would be the case if SISU sold the club.

Moz Baker was talking to Simon Gilbert but they got cut off. No attempt to get them back on, too busy talking about pancakes.

Nick

Administrator
So if that was the case, why was 100% sold to Wasps?

If SISU sold up, I guess Wasps are going to charge the new owner cost price for 50% or will it be based on their new valuation?

Moz talking on behalf of city fans again? It's amazing he is too busy to listen to their views but plenty of time to get in the press.

Captain Dart

Eastwood said the perfect scenario would be for a joint Ricoh ownership enterprise with both clubs sharing ticketing and events income etc. Something tells me this would be the case if SISU sold the club.

Moz Baker was talking to Simon Gilbert but they got cut off. No attempt to get them back on, too busy talking about pancakes.
Pancakes, now that's more Trish's home ground not this horrible nasty politics stuff.

Tommo72

Simon asked if there was anything they were willing to do to prevent that disaster. He said to Mr Eastwood that they have a key position here in preventing it.

He said: “I don’t think we are able to do that I think if we were to try and do something - as you say - from our side of the fence, that might lead me in my position to expose the Wasps group to significant potential risks.

“It’s not a question of wanting to do it I think it is a question of being able to do it. I think I would be failing in my statutory duty.”

08:36

SBAndy

If that was indeed said, it screams to me that Wasps cannot afford to run it on their own.

Nick

Administrator
Simon asked if there was anything they were willing to do to prevent that disaster. He said to Mr Eastwood that they have a key position here in preventing it.

He said: “I don’t think we are able to do that I think if we were to try and do something - as you say - from our side of the fence, that might lead me in my position to expose the Wasps group to significant potential risks.

“It’s not a question of wanting to do it I think it is a question of being able to do it. I think I would be failing in my statutory duty.”

08:36

Doing a 1 year deal would expose them to potential risks?

Nick

Administrator
It seems like they are all just press releases rather than interviews. (including Boddy and then Fisher on Talksport).

The stuff pwkh was reeling out yesterday was laughable as it had already proved to be nonsense.

Forever_Blue

I dunno guys, I’m starting to think CWR isn’t the home of hard hitting journalism we thought it was.
They’re an embarrassment, if this was Liverpool or Everton there’d be 3or 4 radio stations all over it, including their BBC station, CWR are a joke when it comes to our club.

Forever_Blue

It's probably why he should have been asked "How will doing a short term deal with CCFC open you up to any risks?"
I agree, his answer should have been followed up by Gilbert, but he was probably following his list of questions.

Maybe Eastwood means if the court cases continue the costs will effect their finances, or are they worried they could actually lose the case.

NortonSkyBlue

If I am reading this post correctly then Eastwood is saying Wasps would be open for a partner at the Ricoh. If I was our owners I would bite their hand off.

Nick

Administrator
If I am reading this post correctly then Eastwood is saying Wasps would be open for a partner at the Ricoh. If I was our owners I would bite their hand off.

Even though you don't know what he is suggesting, the terms or any more information apart from a soundbyte he has purposely put out?

Mr Panda

Can't the high court just pull their finger out and throw the appeal out already? It's like SISU are waiting on this before they budge.

Even the Brexit debates are more interesting than this now. I'm so tired of it and I just want to enjoy football like a normal fucking fan.

NortonSkyBlue

Even though you don't know what he is suggesting, the terms or any more information apart from a soundbyte he has purposely put out?
Nick, I would be on the phone, asking for a meeting, clarifying what he meant.
If it is what was said then there is a door open.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I would be on the phone, asking for a meeting, clarifying what he meant.
If it is what was said then there is a door open.

So why is there suddenly a door open now? Why not at the time they took over when it could have been 50/50? If he won't speak to them regarding a short term rental deal why is he going to pour his heart out about selling a share? Why did he decide to tell that to the local media rather than to Boddy next time they see each other?

SkyBlueZack

So why is there suddenly a door open now? Why not at the time they took over when it could have been 50/50? If he won't speak to them regarding a short term rental deal why is he going to pour his heart out about selling a share? Why did he decide to tell that to the local media rather than to Boddy next time they see each other?

They wouldn’t have been able to raise the bond money if we owned half?

tisza

People going on about ownership changes and joint projects for the Ricoh.
Still seems to be certain Council people believe that they can force a change of ownership.
Seems pretty obvious if a deal was done with potential new owners if SISU sold up the Council etc. would find themselves in court for another 10 years
if people were serious about joint ownership an outline deal would have been suggested as a solution to sorting out legals before

SkyBlueZack

Who said anything about bond payments? Talk about going off at a tangent....

You said if you were our owners you would bite their hand off. Why would you do that when there is bonds to pay back? How is it going off on a tangent? The bonds are relevant to the Ricoh and ownership or shared ownership of the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
People going on about ownership changes and joint projects for the Ricoh.
Still seems to be certain Council people believe that they can force a change of ownership.
Seems pretty obvious if a deal was done with potential new owners if SISU sold up the Council etc. would find themselves in court for another 10 years
if people were serious about joint ownership an outline deal would have been suggested as a solution to sorting out legals before

Exactly! It's all part of a game..

Users who are viewing this thread