CWR Phone In - N E I L what Planet Are You On (1 Viewer)

Did any of you here that muppet Neil phoning in on CWR after the game today saying that today's team was the worst since 1964 - he sounds as bad as his comments.

I know it's a "free country", "free speech", "you pay your money" etc BUT really Neil I've heard you a few times before and you spoke garbage then but today was ABSOLUTE garbage.

I wa sceaming out loud in the car - get that tosser off it was that bad.

What an advert for a CCFC supporter and the CWR team kept him on for seversl minutes trying to extract some common sense but failed miserably.

For the record I thought todays game was entertaining 5 saves from their keeper, our penalty save, Juke thinking he's going for a conversion and succeeding - all in all not a bad game.

PUSB

Otis

Wasn't it Ian rather than Neil? Usually Alan that rings up and talks tosh and I'm sure it was him who said it.

People obviously don't remember the team and squad we had under Gary McAllister!!

Grendel

It was Ian, Neil is the only other one who calls. Ian actually I find amusing. I think statistically you cannot argue with him as we will almost certainly finish in the lowest position since 1964.

Football is relative and some of the teams in the early 80's and Phil Neals dire team of the 90's were bad but I think some of the players are very poor. Hussey is a very poor left back, Bell considering he is one of the experienced players is very average and the likes of O'Donavan and Platt are at least two leagues above their real level.

So it was a bit of a general statement but has some credence.

Nonleagueherewecome

Was it Juggy who claimed we have an experienced team? :facepalm:

TheOldFive

I see lots of endeavour and would say all are trying their best but that might not be good enough at this level. Better teams have played with less spirit.
However, it's not about comparison to teams in history, it's about the teams we have to play around us, and banking on 3 being more unlucky, less capable and spirited than us. Here's hoping.

I know both Juggy and Ian and they go home and away. Although I have my doubts on AT nut listening to him on the way home from the game I had to say he was harsh.

But the league position shows how bad a team we are. 1 win all season.

It was Ian, Neil is the only other one who calls. Ian actually I find amusing. I think statistically you cannot argue with him as we will almost certainly finish in the lowest position since 1964.

Football is relative and some of the teams in the early 80's and Phil Neals dire team of the 90's were bad but I think some of the players are very poor. Hussey is a very poor left back, Bell considering he is one of the experienced players is very average and the likes of O'Donavan and Platt are at least two leagues above their real level.

So it was a bit of a general statement but has some credence.

Couldn't disagree more about Hussey.

I think everyone in our car had made up our minds about Ian as soon as he started laying into Thorn.

@richh87

Couldn't disagree more about Hussey.

I think everyone in our car had made up our minds about Ian as soon as he started laying into Thorn.

Exactly, Hussey is a very good left back - and he's only young. Ian was a mong. I love Andy Thorn's style of football. The problem is the players at his disposal.

cloughie

I missed this weeks phone in after the match but Neil always talks absolute utter rubbish.
He sounds like he is being gently reintroduced back into society,...... but I doubt he's ready yet.

covcity4life

neil always seems like a senisble guy to me, doesnt get too carried away,sees our faults but sometimes hes surprisingly happy as most cov fans are when we see a good performance.

wingy

Nei;s fine got a balanced view mostly to the positive ,think theres some confusion as its Ian who does the rants ,if he's a cyber fan i hope he's got thick skin

Sorry folks I must apologise once again it was IAN I was referring to not NEIL - Neil comes across with a balanced view and is a fair critic when needs be.

This iAN guy should'nt be allowed near the Ricoh with his doom and gloom despondency not giving any credence to what AT is attempting to do with limited resources.

I would empathise with some of his comments as being relevant last season under AB but surely give AT credit for playing entertaining football and gradually instilling a football style of play that pleases 99% of the fans - you can guess who sits proudly in the 1% CCFC knockers.

So IAN if you are reading this, get a life matey and back our team not crucify it you...........grrrrrr.

PUSB

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Didnt hear much that was controversial from Neil. He was mainly on about getting a coach for the strikers. Dont always agree with his view point but it is usually well considered. he also goes to every game home and away

I can understand the point Juggy was trying to make but I think he failed to consider the type of experience the players had. There are some experienced players at CCFC but when compared to the Ipswich team few have had long spells in the Premiership. Nearly all Ipswich team had and the one who hadnt was their star player!. However bottom line is how a player does on the day - if it were all about experience higher up you would never get cup upsets etc, and cresswell wouldnt have been MOTM for Ipswich

cloughie

I missed this weeks phone in after the match but Neil always talks absolute utter rubbish.
He sounds like he is being gently reintroduced back into society,...... but I doubt he's ready yet.

I could be wrong here it might be Nigel I,m referring to, apologies to Neil will listen carefully tomorrow night after the game.

Users who are viewing this thread