Cup Run Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Samo

Could be fun this year.
Yes we'll probably get caught out with squad depth but with a fair wind you never know.

Rich

Not this year while we’re going for promotion, or next year while we try to stay in the prem to be fair.

clint van damme

not that long ago we were playing in the early rounds against Maidstone and the like. Incredible to think how far we've come.

Legia Sky Blue

In terms of the FA Cup we should always go for it as best we can, otherwise we are disrespecting our own history. Haven't been overly concerned by League Cup for a long time however, which has little upside to it until you reach the semi finals.

I don't buy into the argument that an FA Cup run detracts from League performance. Sometimes it will do sometimes it won't, but what it can do is generate a positive feelgood factor, and generate more much needed income, which can only be a positive for clubs like ours.

Not sure why we are discussing this now though given our participation in the competition is still some way away.

Samo

In terms of the FA Cup we should always go for it as best we can, otherwise we are disrespecting our own history. Haven't been overly concerned by League Cup for a long time however, which has little upside to it until you reach the semi finals.

I don't buy into the argument that an FA Cup run detracts from League performance. Sometimes it will do sometimes it won't, but what it can do is generate a positive feelgood factor, and generate more much needed income, which can only be a positive for clubs like ours.

Not sure why we are discussing this now though given our participation in the competition is still some way away.

You didn't have to discuss it, it is optional.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fucking love the fa cup......I'd love us to get to the business end of it....sneak into the QFs...

....although quite happy to be out of the league cup already.

CDK

FA cup yes 3 or 4games extra and winning 3of them good for the club also extra income towards next season's playing budget.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Could be fun this year.
Yes we'll probably get caught out with squad depth but with a fair wind you never know.

Can we just go on a league run, not going to win the FA CUP this season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As it is I'd prefer as few games as possible to give the players as much rest as possible. Also don't want either a heavy loss against a top team or, even worse, tripping up against a small team giving the reserves a run out to upset the mojo.

So, big team at home 3rd round with a good performance but a narrow and unlucky loss would do me.

Users who are viewing this thread