Cruising the Med (1 Viewer)

Skinnythebear

I'm looking at a cruise next year (October 2018)for me and the good lady to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary if she doesn't annoy the fuck out of me before then.
(Sorry Shmmeee, not trying to rub it in before somebody says something!!)
We're looking to go round the med for a week stopping off at various towns/cities, fly down and fly back.
Any suggestions and do's and don'ts much appreciated.

Gazolba

Go to Croatia if you can, amazing place and people, not expensive and still not overly touristy.
Went there three times back in the 70's when it was called Yugoslavia. Fabulous place. Hundreds of gorgeous islands off the (Adriatic) coast.
The locals are not very friendly though, at least they weren't when I was there.
It's very popular with Germans and Scandinavians.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Went there three summers back when it was called Yugoslavia. Fabulous place. Hundreds of gorgeous islands off the (Adriatic) coast. The locals are not very friendly though, at least they weren't when I was there. Very popular with Germans and Scandinavians.

I went in 2014 when it was called Croatia....the locals were very friendly. It is like the south of Italy but a bit cheaper.

CJ_covblaze

The Mrs' family do one every year through Thomson. It was the Island Escape but not sure what it's called now. Always have a good time even though it stops in Italy. Service is always great too.

mrtrench

We did this last year. Lisbon is a wonderful city and worth visiting. My advice is to avoid Royal Caribbean; everything is done on the cheap and the boat is jammed packed with overweight drunk men and kids running around unsupervised.

olderskyblue

Been on 3 cruises now. I find them the most relaxing holiday. Last one, had a balcony room on P&O, brilliant. Went to Canaries and Madeira, stopping at Lisbon. Did it September, so few kids on board. Parked at Southampton and was on ship in 1/2 hour. Loved it.

RedSalmon

Did one a couple of years ago round the Med on P&O. Very well organised but the internet connection was shite!!!

Went when the kids were at school so we didnt have the problem of hoardes of uncontrolled kids running round. My only other gripe was that you dont get enough time ashore to really have a good look around. Very relaxing way to spend a couple of weeks.

Gazolba

I've always wanted to take one of those river cruises, maybe on the Rhine or Danube. That appeals to me more than the Mediterranean.
Even the Adriatic would appeal to me more than the Med.

Users who are viewing this thread