Crosses (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

We let too many crosses come into the box, MR said about it v PNE and their goal came from a, wait for it... A cross. The right flank was terrorised and something needs to be sorted out about our defence!

Sky_Blue_Vickie

I would play clarke rather than christie as think offers more defensively.

Christie appears to have lost a bit of form / confidence and so would give him break.

Teams are exposing a weakness there - sometimes we have got away with but today it cost us.

Mucca Mad Boys

I would play clarke rather than christie as think offers more defensively.

Christie appears to have lost a bit of form / confidence and so would give him break.

Teams are exposing a weakness there - sometimes we have got away with but today it cost us.

He has been a weak link for the last 4 games.

Stevenage, his ridiculous lunging tackle - which he missed - made Baker have to put in an, equally, bad tackle to give away a penalty.

It sounds like I'm 'having a go' at Christie, I rate him v highly, I think he is better than Clarke, but we have 2 very good RBs and he has been poor of late and should be dropped to give Clarke a go.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Adams did ok defending and blocking the crosses

I have to admit, I don't really rate Christie as highly as some others but I have kept quiet as he deserved his place with Clarke playing poor early on and Christie doing well when he initially came into the side

Time to give Clarke another go I reckon

stupot07

Adams did ok defending and blocking the crosses

I have to admit, I don't really rate Christie as highly as some others but I have kept quiet as he deserved his place with Clarke playing poor early on and Christie doing well when he initially came into the side

Time to give Clarke another go I reckon

Fans seem to dislike Clarke for some reason. If he'd been putting in similar performances they'd be a Clarkes shit thread up and running by now.

covcity4life

yeah we dont try to cut crosses out at all it seems, too much standing off for my likeing,all over the pitch really

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Can't help but think , when Clarke sits on the bench that he will watch Christie and see what he does well and not so well and then when he gets his chance make sure he does what Christie does bad, good

CTID

I like Christie but he has been poor last few games. He looks unfit to me, always seems to be blowing in the second half. Him and Baker both poor yesterday, hard to see who has the negative effect on who. Baker lost the ball a hell of alot yesterday which puts Christie under pressure.

covcity4life

its christies reluctance to make simples passes to baker yesterday which pissed me off

he just runs into corners and then dilly dallys,at least baker tries to do the right thing

wingy

I think Bakers performance yesteray could have something to do with the clattering he got on Saturday,with little or no protection from the ref

pusbccfc

I think Bakers performance yesteray could have something to do with the clattering he got on Saturday,with little or no protection from the ref

He got crunched early on yesterday as well!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Dont think Christie had a good game, and contributed to the goal....... perhaps needs to be given a rest. Both fullbacks got some good and some poor crosses in ..... but Adams was far better on the day

The whole back four seemed a bit at sixes and sevens at times though, a bit tentative, didnt close down quick enough and too often out of position and shape.

There was a time in the first half when we were caught on the break and Christie had to come right across to left back to cover because there was no one else back in position...... that of course meant he was out of position too and Shrewsbury were quick to utilise it and create a chance. We got the wrong side of the player and knocked off the ball a bit too easy for my liking too.

Am sure it was just an off day ...... its going to happen from time to time

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Christie has had a few off games now and generally seems to have lost form and confidence. With two decent RBs fighting for one place it would seem an ideal opportunity to rest christie. All about opinions but I have always slightly favoured clarke.

Is a long season and we should make use of the squad options we have.

Mucca Mad Boys

Dont think Christie had a good game, and contributed to the goal....... perhaps needs to be given a rest. Both fullbacks got some good and some poor crosses in ..... but Adams was far better on the day

The whole back four seemed a bit at sixes and sevens at times though, a bit tentative, didnt close down quick enough and too often out of position and shape.

There was a time in the first half when we were caught on the break and Christie had to come right across to left back to cover because there was no one else back in position...... that of course meant he was out of position too and Shrewsbury were quick to utilise it and create a chance. We got the wrong side of the player and knocked off the ball a bit too easy for my liking too.

Am sure it was just an off day ...... its going to happen from time to time

Agreed.

We seem to have too many 'off days' when we. Play at the RICOH.

KersleyDigs

Clarke is the better defender, Christie the better attacker. That said Clarke can chip in with the odd goal or decent cross....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Clarke has the ability to attack effectively but doesn't seem to have had the mentality going forward this season. Second half of last season he was the best player after Norwood imo

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If Bale plays on Saturday, i wouldn't be surprised see Clarke and Christue line up in front of each other to try and set up a defensive force against Bale! Not saying it'll work, but we'd need two men on him at all times.

That said i think we'll see most of Spirs reserves so he probably won't even play

Users who are viewing this thread