Crime watch - madeline (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Horrible to see baby videos etc. I have no idea what has happened to her but something definitely not right.

I think it hits home more after having a daughter the same age.

I still don't get how they could go out leaving the kids the room though.

They have just said she asked why they weren't there when she was crying at night but still left them alone....

Nick

Administrator
Why would it take 6 years for somebody to come forward to say by the way that was me carrying my child?

Flying Fokker

Easy mistake to make. Trusting your own instincts can often lead to heartache. I feel that all of the parents were responsible adults but neglected to think for a moment that their children were vulnerable.

Nick

Administrator
I understand that but surely you would just throw everything out there to start off with. If you are honestly just taking your daughter home from the creche at that time, match the description and your daughter has matching pyjamas then you would just say "it was me, i was doing this" so the police can rule you out.

I understand about trusting instincts, but it isn't an instinct it is just common sense / parenting.

stupot07

I still don't get how they could go out leaving the kids the room though.

They have just said she asked why they weren't there when she was crying at night but still left them alone....

I completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

The most unpalatable thought I have on this is that if Madeline Mcann had a single parent who left her alone in a flat on holiday would their mother manage to get an episode of crime watch dedicated to her and would the public have any sympathy?

The thought is very rhetorical.

Nick

Administrator
The most unpalatable thought I have on this is that if Madeline Mcann had a single parent who left her alone in a flat on holiday would their mother manage to get an episode of crime watch dedicated to her and would the public have any sympathy?

The thought is very rhetorical.

I have said this all along. Imagine if it was a single mum on benefits who had left her kid to go clubbing, there would be hell to pay.

At the end of the day, there is an innocent young girl caught up in the middle of it. At 3 I think she is sort of old enough to realise what is going on.

Flying Fokker

I see what you're saying and agree. Telling your parents that you felt alone when they didn't come is one thing.
Then failing to act on that as a parent is baffling ( The couple's love for the children. Their being professional's who make vital decisions based on risk etc). Their guards were down.

I'm not sure the clubbing analogy fits. They checked the children periodically, although maybe a single mum would have had her child with her.

Nick

Administrator
I just don't think everything adds up, they said she was crying saying they weren't there the night before. He said he thought something was up (the door had moved) when he went to check on them but they still went back out and left them alone?

Didn't they also find her blood in the boot of the rental car?

andrew.roberts

I´ve always thought that there is something very strange about the parents, just some intuitive thing you can get about people without any obvious reason for it. We all tend to let our guard down when we are on holiday with young children, but two so called professionals who would leave their children unattended in an apartment with doors open and direct access from the street via some steps, I would suggest are not fulfilling their parental obligations. Of course you would never expect such a thing as an abduction to occurr but they certainly seem to have facilitated such an event although probably unintentionally. For me it just doesn´t seem to add up either.

blueflint

i would never leave my kids alone in a strange place or even at home and three sets of parents did that night they should have been charged with neglect end of

sueanne21

It was heart wrenching last night watching that cute little smiley faced girl on video, I must say I shed tears watching.............I don't think she will ever be found alive. My belief is that a Portuguese Pedo Ring had probably seen this cute little fair haired girl playing around the complex and planned to take her for their own disgusting sexual needs. I just hope and pray she didn't suffer long.

Users who are viewing this thread