Crewe Alexandra and Dario Gradi (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Very grim reading. Gradi never knew that putting your hands down someone's trousers is an assault and claims he's banned from working with under 18s for life!

Clubs reputation is in tatters now.

Grendel

It’s all pretty dodgy and even their apology was caveated and poor

skyblue1991

Gary Speed was coached by Barry Bennell in his youth, wonder if that contributed to his demons

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Bugsy

appalling what ordeal them lads went through and felt like they had no one to talk to either cant imagine the suffering they had to endure inside, i am reluctant to say but had an experience myself at a young age lucky wasn't to an extent as them and was able to talk to my mum and dad which help massively, said to my son I will always have all the time in the world for him however big or small the case maybe. fucking monsters and sounds like its going to get worse.

Sky Blue Pete

appalling what ordeal them lads went through and felt like they had no one to talk to either cant imagine the suffering they had to endure inside, i am reluctant to say but had an experience myself at a young age lucky wasn't to an extent as them and was able to talk to my mum and dad which help massively, said to my son I will always have all the time in the world for him however big or small the case maybe. fucking monsters and sounds like its going to get worse.
Sounds very wise what you’ve done there. Think anywhere where there is a power imbalance it really needs a clear safeguarding process. Just disastrous that any kids were able to be on their own with an adult not their parent. Crewe have a lot to answer for

Greggs

Yep shocking. There was a very well known 'nonse' at one of our bigger local clubs when i was playing. Got my mate games in the first team because he was one of his 'favourites'.

no_loyalty

It was absolutely awful, I really felt for all of those guys, especially Andy Woodward who ended up as Bennell’s brother-in-law, it must have been hell for him.

Skybluefaz

Just watching it now, the lads are so brave. I feel such sorrow for them.

John Bowler the Crewe chairman ought to be strung up. His flippancy over the issue is sickening.
Clearly lying as well the fucker. The FA basically doing nothing after the documentary in 1997 is absolutely damning. I wasn't aware of that until I watched last nights episode.

This fella is an inspiration.Having the bravery to speak out and do that original documentary, then take the blow of it being brushed aside without self destructing. Not sure I could have done the same.

ian-1949690.webp

Bugsy

skyblue1991

I watched the first episode last night. Very sickening and grim.

Well done to Andy Woodward et al for having the bravery to come out.

I wonder who will be the first real high profile player will come out with this, ot necessary Bary Bennell (I mentioned Gary Speed above who unfortunately has passed)

Will watch episode 2 later on

clint van damme

I watched the first episode last night. Very sickening and grim.

Well done to Andy Woodward et al for having the bravery to come out.

I wonder who will be the first real high profile player will come out with this, ot necessary Bary Bennell (I mentioned Gary Speed above who unfortunately has passed)

Will watch episode 2 later on

Paul Stewart was pretty high profile.

skyblue1991

Paul Stewart was pretty high profile.
Yes that's true looking at his playing career. I must admit I hadn't heard of him, then again he played for Spurs before I was born. I guess when I said high profile I meant majority of career in first division, multiple international caps and still in the public eye whether its management, punditry etc...

Not that it matters, a victim is a victim and the more that come forward to help bring these paedofile coaches to justice the better.

Let's also hope this doesn't stop with football, look at all the other sports that are unfortunately going to have inappropriate people in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread