Crewe Alex maybe a lesson (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Crewe Alex - possibly a lesson for the Pressley out faction - Crewe were rock bottom of the league in the middle of December, the board and many of the fans stuck by there manager Steve Davis - since then they have taken 22 points out of 30 and beaten Bristol city the leaders -

View from the Crewe stands
'The manager deserves credit for the way he has transformed the side in recent months, and so does the club’s board for backing him. They remained loyal when many of us questioned his ability to turn things around.

Table middle of December
Chesterfield20-125
Coventry20-524
Barnsley20-423
Port Vale20-423
Doncaster19-723
Gillingham20-622
Scunthorpe19-922
Crawley20-1122
Yeovil20-1220
Leyton Orient20-619
Colchester20-1317
Crewe20-2316

Latest Table
Rochdale281038
Notts County29-438
Crewe30-2038
Scunthorpe28-337
Barnsley30-935
Coventry30-1132
Colchester30-1431
Crawley31-2330
Leyton Orient29-829
Yeovil31-2228

Hincha

He got them promoted from League 2 in a season where they were 10 points off play offs when he took over in November. Then consolidated them in League 1, while winning the JPT (beating us 3-0 along the way).

Has previous successes which brought him time, where are Pressley's?

SkyBlueHomer

I would say the original post actually has the opposite effect adding fuel to the fire for those wanting Pressley out, 8 points from last 10 games.
Looking at that I would say we're stuffed.

wingy

I would say the original post actually has the opposite effect adding fuel to the fire for those wanting Pressley out, 8 points from last 10 games.
Looking at that I would say we're stuffed.

Agree . It emphasises that all-around have Improved

st john

And it's tight. Right down to Walsall in 13th teams are only 3 points off the playoffs so will have everything to play for. And we play 9 of those 13

53 shots at goal in the last 5 games says we are creating plenty of chances but not sticking then in the net

That's not really an accurate picture. The BBC suggest that the last 5 games have generated 51 shots in total but only 20 were on target. Now if I'm not mistaken an average of 4 shots on target in a game is 'lacking attacking power' by any measure.

Astute

That's not really an accurate picture. The BBC suggest that the last 5 games have generated 51 shots in total but only 20 were on target. Now if I'm not mistaken an average of 4 shots on target in a game is 'lacking attacking power' by any measure.

The worse thing is that this 4 shots on target a game is an improvement

Gazolba

I don't classify a shot that is not on target as a 'shot', I call it a 'miss'.

Users who are viewing this thread