Crawley at home and on the Hill (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

We still have no idea who will play up front today but I still fancy us to get all three points.
Anyone one else care to talk football?

mrtickle

No one talks about football these days. Everyone's too busy picking sides overs the sisu ACL bullshit.

I think 1-0 Cov, baker to score.

kg82

I think you might see slager up top on his own with Moussa in behind. I don't do score predictions, feel like I'm tempting fate!

AndreasB

Fact you have referenced standing on the Hill today in your thread title says you cant quite just talk about the game...

Spagbol

Is Clarke out today? Has that been confirmed? We will have Thomas back, so with that I think we will see a 5 midfield with Moussa playing just behind Slager. It'll be a big ask today, Crawley are a good team a win will put us 4 points off. God I miss going to the games! PUSB

Steve.B50

More than happy to talk football.
Moussa could be up front again, just shows we are a little light in that position. Was at Crawley away and felt we deserved more, feel that this game is important as puts is much closer to play off spot.
As for comment at start of thread , I will not go into game, my choice as it is yours to go in.

Last edited:

shmmeee

We need someone to keep the ball stuck up front and have a bit of presence, plus some pace.

Bear with me here, but what about Christie up front for a game, Philips in at RB?

He's half decent in the air, quick. Didn't he used to be a striker in a previous life?

Any other shouts for surprise strikers in the squad?

If we do go 1 up with Slager, I fear the worst. We are a score one more than you team.

RoboCCFC90

I really hope we win today avenge that defeat on the opening day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Shame that Pressley couldn't get anyone else in. Why not stick Ben Maund up front. He's a striker, isn't he?

RoboCCFC90

Yeah, After all we chucked Wilson in last season didn't we and he scored.

I thought Courtney looked good when he came on against Hartlepool.. Who knows Leon might end up playing..

harvey098

My first home game of the season. I didn't think I would ever have to travel an hour to watch cov at home. Can anyone tell me if I can buy my ticket on the gate?

torchomatic

Yeah, you can.

My first home game of the season. I didn't think I would ever have to travel an hour to watch cov at home. Can anyone tell me if I can buy my ticket on the gate?

RoboCCFC90

Yes Harvey you can and be proud supporting the team it is what it is..

Longford

You can buy tickets on the gate...if you must.

As for striker for today. Think Christie was RM AMR more than striker in younger days. Probably was striker in his head though....like all of us

Ashdown1

Any sort of a 1 nil would be a huge bonus today. 3 points and gives us another week for injuries to start healing !

shy_tall_knight

what a great job SISUE are doing in running this historic fine club, in mid table in the third tear of English football, not having a recognised striker as both our strikers are injured, hoping to beat the mighty Crawley cheered on by a 1,000 home fans, go SISUE go how Southampton must envy us, when SISUE bought us instead. If we are lucky in 3 or 4 years time we can move to Exhall and have a ground half the size of highfield road but in an inconvenient location, with the pie money we should be able to compete at div 1 level and aspire to get into the championship. Sixfields support is supporting SISUE dragging the club away from its rightful place but we are fans but some of us have principles and don't want to be pawns in the SISUE game, wanting to support the lads, you 1,000 that go are preventing another 9,000 from doing so in Coventry.

RoboCCFC90

Why should he feel proud or not:thinking about:So by the same token I should feel guilty should I:facepalm:

Not at all, you should feel proud making your own decision we all love CCFC after all, love is shown in different ways, doesn't mean we support the club any less or worse or better fans..

fernandopartridge

what a great job SISUE are doing in running this historic fine club, in mid table in the third tear of English football, not having a recognised striker as both our strikers are injured, hoping to beat the mighty Crawley cheered on by a 1,000 home fans, go SISUE go how Southampton must envy us, when SISUE bought us instead. If we are lucky in 3 or 4 years time we can move to Exhall and have a ground half the size of highfield road but in an inconvenient location, with the pie money we should be able to compete at div 1 level and aspire to get into the championship. Sixfields support is supporting SISUE dragging the club away from its rightful place but we are fans but some of us have principles and don't want to be pawns in the SISUE game, wanting to support the lads, you 1,000 that go are preventing another 9,000 from doing so in Coventry.

10k in Coventry is equally embarrassing

shy_tall_knight

No, it's bollocks.

I agree tommy a club like ours should not be playing in northampton, be under constant transfer embargoes and have more than 2 recognised strikers. I hijacked this post deliberately to remind people where we are and as much as @I enjoyed my away trip too Barnsley last week there is untold damage being done to our club by the northamptn move that won't be rectified by beating crawley today.

Longford

No, it's bollocks.

No it's not.

Say the 9000 or so suddenly agree with you. Where should the 3-4000 who could not get into sixfields go ? You happy with the hill in those circumstances ? You happy to do some sort of round robin arrangement with your fellow fans ? Or is it just a case of I'm alright jack ?

Ashdown1

I think 5th in the table and playing exciting football, we would have pulled quite a few more this season but it's all academic, we're down to a handful of addicts at a second rate stadium 35 miles from Cov !

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No it's not.

Say the 9000 or so suddenly agree with you. Where should the 3-4000 who could not get into sixfields go ? You happy with the hill in those circumstances ? You happy to do some sort of round robin arrangement with your fellow fans ? Or is it just a case of I'm alright jack ?

We're already packed:p

Users who are viewing this thread