Crawley 3-2 SISU FC (1 Viewer)

How many on here now want them to lose?

Yes I have sympathy for the players, it isn't their fault. But I have no affiliation to them. Local lads aside, they're all mercenaries.

Personally, the last thing I want to see is a Northampton based club run by smug Fisher and co succeeding. If it means they f*ck off sooner and give us our club back (and I don't know that it does), I would far rather they lose every week.

This post isn't meant to provoke, I'm genuinely interested in what the consensus is.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes I have sympathy for the players, it isn't there fault. But I have no affiliation to them. Local lads aside, they're all mercenaries.

Personally, the last thing I want to see is a Northampton based club run by smug Fisher and co succeeding. If it means they f*ck off sooner and give us our club back (and I don't know that it does), I would far rather they lose every week.

This post isn't meant to provoke, I'm genuinely interested in what the consensus is.

I've got admit, I'm in the same mood now as if we'd won last season. It's a dirtier feeling for sure, but yeah...

Whilst I told myself I didn't care I was still jumping around screaming when we equalised today

I can see why it wouldn't feel much different, what with it being the same players as last season. And in all honesty I didn't listen to the game.

Fisher knows that though. What was it he said? Something along the lines of, "they'll all come back once the season's underway". That just cemented my position.

tbh444

Yep I pretty much wanted the team to lose today, awful thing to say given the great supporters who were there cheering them on, but am really worried that good results risk softening the resolve against what they have done

Ashdown1

Played cricket with a bunch of Leicester/Derby/Forest fans, requested the score after the game, that's all but it means very little now !

I think as the season goes on and Northampton reserves are clearly in a fight for survival fewer people will care. At the start of a season some optimism can be expected and forgiven. Strange how Northampton reserves are in a higher league than the 1st team though.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

I wanted them to win and was gutted when we let in their winner, so soon after our equalizer - your choice but how can you switch off after years of supporting them? I know everyone is fed up but it is still Coventry City to me, I could never want them to lose, I am not saying I am any better, you have your choice and your feelings...

mark82

Yes I have sympathy for the players, it isn't their fault. But I have no affiliation to them. Local lads aside, they're all mercenaries.

I do feel a little like this. In fact I feel not a lot at all at the moment. Did check the result and watch the goals but think that was more out of habit than anything. Really think we may need to start again, even if that is at the bottom of non league.

deanocity3

I think as the season goes on and Northampton reserves are clearly in a fight for survival fewer people will care. At the start of a season some optimism can be expected and forgiven. Strange how Northampton reserves are in a higher league than the 1st team though.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

so when we're at the ricoh at xmas you won't be there. Yeh right

cloughie

Utter apathy from me. Never thought it would happen but can't relate to "CCFC" anymore

its become sisu fc

but its not over yet,

must admit I did listen with apathy wondering why I was doing it

I wanted them to win and was gutted when we let in their winner, so soon after our equalizer - your choice but how can you switch off after years of supporting them? I know everyone is fed up but it is still Coventry City to me, I could never want them to lose, I am not saying I am any better, you have your choice and your feelings...

I think that's the difference. It's NOT Coventry City to me anymore.

They've made that clear by alienating the fans and then finally moving it out of the city against everyone's wishes. Not only disregarding their loyal customers but also knowingly damaging the future of the club.

I was fed up and apathetic about it last year, but I still felt like it was my club.

The heart and soul of it (the community it came from) has been ripped out over the summer though.

It is now nothing more than a vehicle by which a venture capitalist tries to steal a community asset.

Users who are viewing this thread