Coventry version of TOWIE to be filmed in city :( (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

FIRST, the only way was Essex, then Chelsea and Newcastle, now the reality TV cameras are coming to Coventry.
After the success of shows like TOWIE, Made In Chelsea and Geordie Shore, viewers could soon be catching up with some of the characters who make Coventry tick.
Called Sent To Coventry, a television pilot is being made with the help of BBC and Endemol – the Dutch production firm behind hit shows like Big Brother and Deal Or No Deal.

But it won’t all be swanky wine bars and boob jobs, the Coventry version will be a grittier affair, focusing on real-life issues like family problems and unemployment.
Coventrians from all walks of life are being invited to audition for the semi-scripted reality show in the new year.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:

Rich

Thank the lord I live in Bedworth and can disassociate myself with Cov at times like this.

Tad

Family problems and unemployment. Ideal setting for Coventry ;)

Ridiculous idea mind! Will get more laughs than the other shows mentioned, but not in a good way

Can see it now..

*show starts*

Presenter: Hello, and welcome to Coventry. We'll be focusing on two areas today. The first of which is Woodend- known for its lovely car fires all year round, and the thiefs which put a stop to that saying "if it isn't nailed down", as they have been known to nick nails..

The second area is called Foleshill, which, believe it or not, is in Coventry and not Iraq as it may appear..

This is going to be bad...

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If the producers of the program want to film real toe-rags in Coventry, someone show them the way to SiSU at the Ricoh!

Houchens Head

Changed my mind. Going to change it to Grandpa It'safookinbatchnotacobyoustupidwankers

Agree Otis! I've had to change my language a bit to suit the locals! I asked for a bacon batch in a cafe and was looked at as if I'd grown an extra head! They call them BAPS down here. Just can't get used to it!

Houchens Head

Just returned from Coventry after a short visit to see the folks. Can't say I miss the place. In fact, I couldn't wait to get out of there! I drove from Walsgrave along Bell Green Road and down through Stoney Stanton Road. Memories of Beruit off the telly sprang to mind! Then needed to go out to Willenhall. Scared to death to leave my car there overnight but had to. Checked it in the morning and it was fine, but the car next to mine had his wiper arms nicked! Glad they didn't need a Citroen C4 Picasso's! Sorry guys, I love my hometown - it's where I grew up, but wouldn't go back if I was paid a fortune to. I suppose I've been spolit a bit while I've been on the island.

Otis

Agree Otis! I've had to change my language a bit to suit the locals! I asked for a bacon batch in a cafe and was looked at as if I'd grown an extra head! They call them BAPS down here. Just can't get used to it!

I worked with a Yorkshire lass and she kept telling me to stop calling it a sausage batch.

'So what do I call it then?' I asked.

'It's a roll she replied.'

'So how does that work if I want a sausage roll then?' I retorted!

'That's a sausage roll. If you want a sausage 'batch' you say you want a sausage in a roll.'

'Fook that' says I. 'It's a fookin sausage batch and it'll always be a sausage batch! Fook this 'in' malarkey!'

rob9872

Probably kev monks ashbyjan and Natalie cox. I'd prefer to see joy seppala on secret millionaire in the city but she has yet to find the place.

Users who are viewing this thread