Coventry today (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

We went to the motor museum, Hebert art gallery and the cathedral today and had a great time. Really cheap or free and load to do.

The motor museum has a few different cars out from storage which I hadn’t seen before.

Had something to eat in the slug and lettuce which was very nice and then an ice cream in the old fire station

Really impressed and nice to see the centre changing most of it for the better.

D

Deleted member 4232

Went to the Herbert Art Gallery a few weeks ago with my wife and son. She, as a native Coventry was surprised to learn so much - topped it off with a lunch at SHIN which does awesome Japanese food if you're into it.

The city can be a great little day out

Adge

Hurry up and get there if you haven’t been-after the City of Culture the plug is being pulled on the funding of both.

Nick

Administrator
Do like those 2 museums, try to go every few months when the exhibits change. If you walk around that bit, the cathedral and the nice bit it's really nice.

Nick

Administrator
Went to the Herbert Art Gallery a few weeks ago with my wife and son. She, as a native Coventry was surprised to learn so much - topped it off with a lunch at SHIN which does awesome Japanese food if you're into it.

The city can be a great little day out
Was that in the down stairs bit that's all about Coventry?

clint van damme

Sister was a manager there and has just took her redundancy.

I knew there were going to be (senior) management cuts but I hadn't heard anything about them closing. Would be a massive mistake to close either let alone both.

Adge

I knew there were going to be (senior) management cuts but I hadn't heard anything about them closing. Would be a massive mistake to close either let alone both.
Indeed. It suits her as she has been there 26 years so can afford to go. Yes they are/were having a restructure and wanted her to stay on in a “new position” which was being created for more salary. What it really came down to was that whoever was taking a “new position” would just be carrying the extra workload from the people that have left. Thanks, but no thanks.

Otis

There's a newish Polish/Ukranian restaurant in Far Gosford Street, opposite Fargo.

Went past, but there is no menu in the window. Looked on the internet and can only find the menu in Polish.

Used the option to translate into English and this is what I got.

Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-16-57.png

Sensors? Living with a bubble and apple? Bloods with meat meat? Poultry wood? WTF!

Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-18-19.png

Diapers in broth?

Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-19-34.png
Siberan Children??

Knits with pear??

Poultry Turtles????

Winnie sauce????

Definitely going to book!! Salivating at the very thought..

bringbackrattles

There's a newish Polish/Ukranian restaurant in Far Gosford Street, opposite Fargo.

Went past, but there is no menu in the window. Looked on the internet and can only find the menu in Polish.

View attachment 9372

Sensors? Living with a bubble and apple? Bloods with meat meat? Poultry wood? WTF!

View attachment 9373

Diapers in broth?

View attachment 9374
Siberan Children??

Knits with pear??

Poultry Turtles????

Winnie sauce????

Living with a bubble and apple ? That was my grounds for divorce ! The courts said you poor bastard !

skyblueinBaku

View attachment 9372

View attachment 9373

Diapers in broth?

View attachment 9374
Siberan Children??

Knits with pear??

Poultry Turtles????

Winnie sauce????

That seems bloody expensive, Otis! Pelmeni for £8.20 is outrageous. Salo and bread, Borsch - both £4. My missus says she'll make those for you for half price. Your wife should be able to make all of those.

Otis

That seems bloody expensive, Otis! Pelmeni for £8.20 is outrageous. Salo and bread, Borsch - both £4. My missus says she'll make those for you for half price. Your wife should be able to make all of those.
Yeah, missus can make all that, but it's for her birthday.

I'm using my birthday money to take her out. She's been a bit homesick of late.

Misses all the scandal and nerve agents I guess.

skyblueinBaku

Oh, cheers for that. That's totally different to what is on their website then.

And I can't stand cabbage! :(
Have a look at the reviews for the restaurant on Tripadvisor. Some are not very good.

Users who are viewing this thread