Coventry Telegraph- Its about time you served your City..SISU Out! (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Its about time the Coventry Telegraph called this as it is... instead of sitting on the fence... its time they took the temperature of the people of the City and launched a campaign to remove SISU from the football team of the City where it sells its papers...

Time has come Mr Editor.. do your duty.

sky blue john

Don't be silly guys that would involve the CT doing some investigative journalism !!!!
I personally think they are not upto the task !!!!!!!

ccfctommy

TBF I have critisised the CT before, but so far, I think they have been okay. They gave Delieu a lot of stick over bench-gate and been fairley critical of SISU of late. They have given a lot of column inches regarding protests etc, I don't think they can do much more or CCFC may ban them from the Ricoh!

Senior Vick from Alicante

According to sky sports the Lancashire Telegraph has come out in favour of the Blackburn fans by calling for Steve Kean to resign. If they have the gumption to stand up for what is right then I see know reason for the CET not to do the same. Come on Mr editor grow some testicular fortitude and do right by your readership and help get rid of the SISU SCUM.

According to sky sports the Lancashire Telegraph has come out in favour of the Blackburn fans by calling for Steve Kean to resign. If they have the gumption to stand up for what is right then I see know reason for the CET not to do the same. Come on Mr editor grow some testicular fortitude and do right by your readership and help get rid of the SISU SCUM.

Exactly.. TBH was this story that prompted my thoughts...

Disorganised1

I think they are coming round slowly, that pillock on CWR needs hanging out to dry as well.

Could you be more specific please ?

georgehudson

Coventry telegraph-it's about time

the c/t, cwr, fraternity are so wound up by neutrality that it 'beggars belief',
the FACTS are,
the owners/decision makers, have starved the club,
a 'rookie' manager has done his best, (given the farcical/ludicrous constrictions imposed upon him),
name a.n.other who would be able to cope,
all this allied to the continued economy of truths as fronted by which ever 'sisu' puppet comes to the fore,
the 'cause' is 'sisu' & their crass mis-management,
let's get shot of this 'mob'

Otis

Don't be silly guys that would involve the CT doing some investigative journalism !!!!
I personally think they are not upto the task !!!!!!!

It is not that they are not up to it, just a simple case of them being too busy covering stories about 13 year old girls being sent home from school for wearing slippers in class and of fat balding BT engineers having their heads shaved for charity.

Colonel Mustard

the c/t, cwr, fraternity are so wound up by neutrality that it 'beggars belief'

It is about being objective, which is a responsible position.

For example, when the club said an 'X-Factor player' was on the way, but none appeared. Objectively, it's fine to comment on poor communication and understanding why fans are frustrated...but it's not right to say that SISU lied (because maybe a player was on the way, the deal got derailed, etc.)

If you truly value facts then you would be glad for objectivity, even when passions run high.

It is about being objective, which is a responsible position.

For example, when the club said an 'X-Factor player' was on the way, but none appeared. Objectively, it's fine to comment on poor communication and understanding why fans are frustrated...but it's not right to say that SISU lied (because maybe a player was on the way, the deal got derailed, etc.)

If you truly value facts then you would be glad for objectivity, even when passions run high.

With respect- I think your political correctness clouds your judgement.
The facts are that upon SISU ownership of the football club, CCFC fortunes have declined, this is irrefutable. I'm afraid I do not buy the argument that we should be grateful that SISU alone saved us, many people sacrificed shares and money... but that's an old argument and one all too often peddled on such Radio stations as CWR.

My plea is that it is now time for the Coventry Evening Telegraph to take a stand against the dreadful stewardship of the football club that represents the city of Coventry. The facts are clear; we reside at the foot of the championship with 3rd tier football more than a probability for the first time in almost a lifetime.

Colonel Mustard

With respect- I think your political correctness clouds your judgement.

What's politically correct about what I wrote?

The facts are that upon SISU ownership of the football club, CCFC fortunes have declined, this is irrefutable.

That's not irrefutable. Had SISU not taken over there would have been administration, meaning draconian cost-cutting, a 10 point deduction, likely relegation, and a very uncertain future with so many debts being owed to parties outside the club. There may not even be a CCFC in that alternative universe. SISU didn't inherit a golden legacy.

I'm afraid I do not buy the argument that we should be grateful that SISU alone saved us, many people sacrificed shares and money... but that's an old argument and one all too often peddled on such Radio stations as CWR.

Fair enough not to buy into the argument, but I don't think CWR suggests that fans should be grateful - it merely points out that either the club went out of business or somebody stepped in to pay the bills. Who else was there other than SISU?

What's politically correct about what I wrote?

That's not irrefutable. Had SISU not taken over there would have been administration, meaning draconian cost-cutting, a 10 point deduction, likely relegation, and a very uncertain future with so many debts being owed to parties outside the club. There may not even be a CCFC in that alternative universe. SISU didn't inherit a golden legacy.

Fair enough not to buy into the argument, but I don't think CWR suggests that fans should be grateful - it merely points out that either the club went out of business or somebody stepped in to pay the bills. Who else was there other than SISU?

Are you Stuart Linnell in disguise..?
Do you think the CT are now responsibly reporting the plight of our football club?

dadgad

The media are important because they have the opportunity to come up with an objective interpretation. Very important in a crisis.
What the CET and CWR demonstrate is a singular lack of judgement....they have failed this club over and over again because they are too busy brownnosing knobs at the club and are devoid of any critical faculty.
Utterly pathetic........So let us hope that eventually, along with a new club board, we also get an intelligent media presentation of the facts, something the fans have been denied since DH.

The media are important because they have the opportunity to come up with an objective interpretation. Very important in a crisis.
What the CET and CWR demonstrate is a singular lack of judgement....they have failed this club over and over again because they are too busy brownnosing knobs at the club and are devoid of any critical faculty.
Utterly pathetic........So let us hope that eventually, along with a new club board, we also get an intelligent media presentation of the facts, something the fans have been denied since DH.

Exactly....shameful "Journalism".....:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread