Coventry Sphinx Tickets (1 Viewer)

mark82

I see Coventry Sphinx have reduced ticket prices for their game this weekend to £2. Anyone considering giving it a go as we aren't playing this weekend?

Used to watch Leamington a bit and really enjoyed that but never been to watch Sphinx. Anyone ever been up? Is it any good?

Nick

Administrator
Don't really like the Sphinx, not sure why but just something about them.

Would prefer to go watch some lower Saturday League, more chance of a fight or some crunching tackles in those games :)

mark82

Where are these League wise? Above or below Bedworth United?

Bedworth united are southern League Central which is Step 4 of non league (with Conference being Step 1).
Sphinx are top of the Midland Alliance which is at step 5.

From experience watching other clubs at steps 3 & 4, the standard is surprisingly good.

mark82

Nick - I assume by your comments that you have watched them before?

Who would you recommend watching in lower Saturday league?

mark82

Mark you're obviously a big fan of them/involved with the club?

No, never been before. I do follow their results a little as like to see all local clubs do well. Have been to watch Leamington a few times which I really enjoyed.

To be honest, I am happy watching any football match. I occasionally go to watch non league teams at various levels in South Yorkshire where I live. I find some aspects of the game at that level quite refreshing (i.e. less diving, etc).

AlexJohnson93

My cousin played for the first team 2 years ago but quit for Uni reasons. I went to a few games with him when he was injured and i liked it. Haven't been since he left but i still look out for the scores.

ccfctommy

Went a few years ago for an FA Cup qualifying tie against Bedworth. Bedworth won, half the ground were Bedworth fans in green wigs etc. When they scored they surged forward and the perimiter wall in the main stand fell over. Well funny. :claping hands:

LastGarrison

A young lad I used to work with, Ashley Jackson, plays for them. A very decent little player.

I've never been to see them but do keep an eye out for their results.

Users who are viewing this thread