Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

People who quote their own Twitter feed. I dunno :shamefullyembarrased:

Yep, Cov were absolutely not on the boil today. Lots of unforced errors all around the pitch, with Stokes making a couple of howlers (and the ref and one assistant in particular having a nightmare at times). But.. you can't argue with eight tries against a side that held Ampthill recently and have beaten some good sides. I do fear for them though as a club, when they have to rely so heavily on another club to make them even marginally competitive. All it would take would be Sarries to suddenly fall in love with someone else, and suddenly OA are in freefall.
Sad situation.

Kneeza

Bollocks to them then, will be out there with the Leicester and Villa fans in treacle.

Out of interest, was the Cov Rugby Merchandise as available before or is that something Sharpe has improved?
It's always been available (well, certainly back to the back end of the last century). I have shirts from the nineties, and similar-vintage hats and scarves that I bought my daughters back then when they started going to Coundon Road. I currently wear my Cov pin badge every day with pride!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

People who quote their own Twitter feed. I dunno :shamefullyembarrased:

Yep, Cov were absolutely not on the boil today. Lots of unforced errors all around the pitch, with Stokes making a couple of howlers (and the ref and one assistant in particular having a nightmare at times). But.. you can't argue with eight tries against a side that held Ampthill recently and have beaten some good sides. I do fear for them though as a club, when they have to rely so heavily on another club to make them even marginally competitive. All it would take would be Sarries to suddenly fall in love with someone else, and suddenly OA are in freefall.
Sad situation.

What you taking about Jordan Willis!!
Haha, Stokes dropped everything bar his Try, was a surreal game to score 8 tries and play 3rd gear!
They didn’t look bothered once 12-0 down.
Their hooker 6 lost lineouts out of 7 then subbed how humiliating!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep. Poor bugger had to take the walk of shame the whole width of the pitch. Didn't look very happy! The sub was no better though...

That was brilliant, got pulled up for his 5th un straight throw and subbed before the ref had even blown his whistle!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He was certainly being assessed - by 1700 of us. And found wanting.
Not sure if there was an RFU assessor in attendance though.

Can’t argue with that, he was young and maybe trying to move up through the ranks but seemed too keen on looking good, I prefer the older boys at that level that get on with it and don’t make the game about them.

Kneeza

Turns out it was the same ref that red-carded Sammy at Cambridge. Perhaps it's a good idea he was 'rested'...

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I was having a social media sabbatical but this has prompted me to post! Unbelievable to think the 20 man squad cov has is probably the strongest it’s been for Single game all season!

Cov have lost last 2 years at blackheath including a 40-5 hammering last year this is going to be worse!

Kneeza

Some terrible reffing early on in the game (when Cov were pressing) put them right off their game. Inexcusable, but there you go. The players have been left to sort it out by themselves in the changing room, as the coaches have all come out and are huddled, currently.
If they carry on like they did in the last five minutes of the half they should win by 30 points TBF, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Some terrible reffing early on in the game (when Cov were pressing) put them right off their game. Inexcusable, but there you go. The players have been left to sort it out by themselves in the changing room, as the coaches have all come out and are huddled, currently.
If they carry on like they did in the last five minutes of the half they should win by 30 points TBF, but I wouldn't bank on it.

What’s the reasoning for them appearing to score every break considering Covs defence is so so good?

Ah Blackheath have scored again!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Frustration? Pete White red-carded, and Stokes yellow for dissent near the end. Poor stuff.

Ban coming up then!

Now it’s to see how they bounce back, I was talking last Saturday before the game and said I thought we’d lose 2 this season, once v DMP and the other I wasn’t sure on so defeat hasn’t surprised me the score line has shocked me! It’s all about how they bounce back, some experiences pros in that dressing room and I’d imagine it’ll be an uncomfortable evening for all involved.

On to Esher next Saturday at the BPA......

Kneeza

Yep. Could be lengthy. Straight red for a punch. (Provocation, but a punch nonetheless).
Expecting a huge response next week, but they may need to look at trying to get Tom Kessell back sharpish now - assuming the new management at Saints have settled in and think they can do without him again.

Otis

Ban coming up then!

Now it’s to see how they bounce back, I was talking last Saturday before the game and said I thought we’d lose 2 this season, once v DMP and the other I wasn’t sure on so defeat hasn’t surprised me the score line has shocked me! It’s all about how they bounce back, some experiences pros in that dressing room and I’d imagine it’ll be an uncomfortable evening for all involved.

On to Esher next Saturday at the BPA......
Well at least the City won........ oh...

Every week I say 'well at least Cov won.' Today both teams put in dismal efforts.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Reading Tims blog he said RW got on the coach to apologise to supporters.

On the note of the red card White got a forearm to the face which has broken his nose their player was yellow carded, both White & the Blackheath player said White didn’t throw any punches so they will be ‘appealing’ the red but it’s unlikely to be overturned as it was off the ball the camera probably hasn’t picked it up.
By the sounds of it the officials didn’t have the best day either, Winter is quoted as saying “Cov, he said, had been well beaten in all phases of the game and whilst the referee’s performance ‘was just as good as Coventry’s’ on the day, it had no bearing on the result. And that was pretty much it.“

Kneeza

Reading Tims blog he said RW got on the coach to apologise to supporters.

On the note of the red card White got a forearm to the face which has broken his nose their player was yellow carded, both White & the Blackheath player said White didn’t throw any punches so they will be ‘appealing’ the red but it’s unlikely to be overturned as it was off the ball the camera probably hasn’t picked it up
.“
And the good news is that the RFU obviously took all this into account and have rescinded the card.
Broken nose or not, PW starts tomorrow (sadly Sam Tuitupou, Olly Povoas and Tom Emery are out due to injuries. Fortunately, quality replacements are available in Grove, Preece and Knox).
Big reaction needed - for a full 80 minutes.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

And the good news is that the RFU obviously took all this into account and have rescinded the card.
Broken nose or not, PW starts tomorrow (sadly Sam Tuitupou, Olly Povoas and Tom Emery are out due to injuries. Fortunately, quality replacements are available in Grove, Preece and Knox).
Big reaction needed - for a full 80 minutes.

No surprise there are no whole sale changes as last weeks squad was nearly at full strength (and RW isn’t a knee jerk man)fancy Cov for a 30+ win tomorrow!

Coverage on bbc midlands today tonight from 6:30.

Users who are viewing this thread