Coventry Observer Article - Kick In The Teeth (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

Benno, I see you slipped a Wasps reference into one of your posts on 1st July, a coincidence?. Are you able to tell us more?

Your post :-

Question...

The club sold it rights to F&B revenues when it sold its stake in ACL to The higgs. If they struck a new rent deal, would they still not be entitled to any or would they be treated like a new customer.

If say London wasps took on the tenancy would they get the revenues they generate or would ACL keep them all?

RoboCCFC90

I agree with this:

“Any offer to London Wasps should at the very least be offered to whoever owns Coventry City.”

Read more: Wasps Ricoh interest a 'kick in the teeth' to Sky Blues fans | Coventry Observer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob S

"leading fans' group, Get Cov Back To The Ricoh" ................ huh??

:)

I'll take it to mean that in this instance, we're leading the way..? Of course we want all fan groups to make a fuss about this as they see fit.

Franchise rugby and messing up the city's existing rugby club is just not on even if you ignore messing around with our football club too.

lewys33

:)

I'll take it to mean that in this instance, we're leading the way..? Of course we want all fan groups to make a fuss about this as they see fit.

Franchise rugby and messing up the city's existing rugby club is just not on even if you ignore messing around with our football club too.

Haven't the trust already commented on this though? Don't want to sound like I am putting you or GCBTR down, because I agree with what you say. I just would have thought the trust would be the "leading" group to push this.

rupert_bear

Why this constant reference to "London" Wasps, to my knowledge they haven't played home games in London for 10 years or more!!

RoboCCFC90

Haven't the trust already commented on this though? Don't want to sound like I am putting you or GCBTR down, because I agree with what you say. I just would have thought the trust would be the "leading" group to push this.

What's funny though, is we have heard from the Trust, GCBTR, but I can't remember seeing anything from the Club, wonder what Waggott and Fisher's view are on this?

lewys33

What's funny though, is we have heard from the Trust, GCBTR, but I can't remember seeing anything from the Club, wonder what Waggott and Fisher's view are on this?

First for everything! Let's hope its for the right reasons.

torchomatic

Why this constant reference to "London" Wasps, to my knowledge they haven't played home games in London for 10 years or more!!
Wycombe Wasps then. Still 75 miles away.

Sent from my phone using my chubby sausage fingers so please excuse any errors.

Monners

Sisu don't need to say anything at all - the shit storm is going on without them having to add their two penneth - perfect for them I would have thought.

olderskyblue

Sisu don't need to say anything at all - the shit storm is going on without them having to add their two penneth - perfect for them I would have thought.

Especially if they already knew all about it....

torchomatic

Ha! You have to laugh at Ainsworth's comments at the end. What a fool.

Skyblueweeman

Hopefully TF and SW are quiet on the subject as they're currently speaking to ACL/CCC about a bloody controlling stake in The Ricoh!

Last edited:

Bennets Afro

Benno, I see you slipped a Wasps reference into one of your posts on 1st July, a coincidence?. Are you able to tell us more?

Your post :-

Question...

The club sold it rights to F&B revenues when it sold its stake in ACL to The higgs. If they struck a new rent deal, would they still not be entitled to any or would they be treated like a new customer.

If say London wasps took on the tenancy would they get the revenues they generate or would ACL keep them all?

Coincidence! I was just speculating that if they were to come and rent the Ricoh, would they have to been constrained to the same shitty rent deal the club had.

I think when we first left the Ricoh there was talks of wasps being interested. Thats why i used them as an example.

Sky Blue Dal

Hopefully TF and SW are quite on the subject as they're currently speaking to ACL/CCC about a bloody controlling stake in The Ricoh!

That's the feeling I am getting in my bones. They have been awfully quiet since the news of a stadium buyout came about.

You think they actually making a sensible offer at last??

Rusty Trombone

Coincidence! I was just speculating that if they were to come and rent the Ricoh, would they have to been constrained to the same shitty rent deal the club had.

I think when we first left the Ricoh there was talks of wasps being interested. Thats why i used them as an example.

Reeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy?

ok, thanks Benno.

hinkleee boyz

Ha! You have to laugh at Ainsworth's comments at the end. What a fool.

So where were all you pious Coventrians when your city nicked a hockey franchise from Solihull. You embraced it and it became a top team?
Not a peep was there! Embrace Wasps as it is your only chance of having a top class team in any major sport for the rest of your lifetimes!

stupot07

So where were all you pious Coventrians when your city nicked a hockey franchise from Solihull. You embraced it and it became a top team?
Not a peep was there! Embrace Wasps as it is your only chance of having a top class team in any major sport for the rest of your lifetimes!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha omg you like so funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Warwickshire bears haven't played home games in warwickshire for 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Wycombe Wasps then. Still 75 miles away.Sent from my phone using my chubby sausage fingers so please excuse any errors.
No just Wasps...They have moved home 4 times in their short history
Who's to say this will be the last if indeed it does happen?

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

That's the feeling I am getting in my bones. They have been awfully quiet since the news of a stadium buyout came about.

You think they actually making a sensible offer at last??

Not sure mate...heart says yes, head says probably not. I'd hope that they've taken something on board from us fans over the past 24 months and are actually taking. The cynic in me says stubbornness might get in the way.

Here's hoping though. Silence could be speaking volumes!

WM

Nonleagueherewecome

Warwickshire bears haven't played home games in warwickshire for 30 years

That's because they moved where Warwickshire is with the creation of the West Midlands though, isn't it? Besides, we have: http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/472/472396.html

We were due to play a OD game there last month but it was rained off.

To imply that Warwickshire being "moved" to Birmingham is a case of franchising akin to Blaze is disingenuous.

stupot07

That's because they moved where Warwickshire is with the creation of the West Midlands though, isn't it? Besides, we have: http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/472/472396.html

We were due to play a OD game there last month but it was rained off.

To imply that Warwickshire being "moved" to Birmingham is a case of franchising akin to Blaze is disingenuous.

I'm well aware of the boundary changes. Never said they had moved, just said that they were situated outside warwickshire much like london wasps in Wycombe which is about what 15 miles from the M25?

And yes, the name change proved to be very controversial and has put a lot of fans off. Do you think wasps moving to Coventry is right?

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm well aware of the boundary changes. Never said they had moved, just said that they were situated outside warwickshire much like london wasps in Wycombe which is about what 15 miles from the M25?

And yes, the name change proved to be very controversial and has put a lot of fans off. Do you think wasps moving to Coventry is right?

No, but as is your posting style, you left out the important bit, IE the boundary change. There is no controversy about Warwickshire not playing in Warwickshire and you know it, the club has always represented The West Midlands as well as Warwickshire, but your post implies that there is an issue there. There isn't.

As for the name change to Birmingham Bears, that's only in the T20, not The County Championship or the OD cup. The T20 has always had franchisey names anyway, so it really doesn't bother me. It was a commercial move in what is a commercial tournament. We all still call them Warwickshire anyway.

I honestly haven't really thought much about Wasps moving to Coventry. Seems like a great excuse for the ACL-haters and Council-bashers to get their knickers in a twist is my main observation on the topic.

J

Jack Griffin

I blame Edward Heath!

Users who are viewing this thread