Coventry Half (1 Viewer)

wingy

Dissappointimg but probably the right call, besides runners safety you've got set up and staffing, stewards health provision then possibly travelling in to compete.
They're talking of minus 9 with windchill.
My daughter will be peeved like yourself after months of preparation.
It's not easy to just randomly reschedule either is it ?

Grendel

Good.

wingy

Decision being made at 2pm. Stafford half marathon is on Sunday if you fancy a run
What do think Pete?
Should they have carried on?
I know there have been examples like this before and some of the runners went ahead anyway.
There's a reasonable chance that Stafford one gets pulled later .
I do believe calling it early carries a risk but the forecast sounds pretty nailed on .
Then it comes down to the chance of Injuries ,exposure etc or should they just let people man up like the old days?

clint van damme

Sounds like the #CoventryHalf is off then I still think the decision is being made too early and should have been held off until tomorrow at least! #GrumpyRunner

unlucky mate. Have they rescheduled?

speedie87

In all seriousness I feel really sorry for those who have trained / raised donations etc for this. Hope the event can be arranged promptly so people can still do it before they lose fitness, may even do a better time with a couple more weeks of training!

wingy

Don't doubt it's cold Windy but see very little snow and think it spreads a message of giving up too easily. Just my 2 cents :)
I'm of a similar mind Macca, but the risk of third party claims for Injuries incurred etc prevail now sadly, compared to our youth .
Sure as eggs If it was a little worse than they expect from the basis of this forecast they'd get slaughtered in the media.
The responsibility lies with the third party now rather than on the individual .
The call being made early probably relates to the logistics of it more than any other consideration.

Macca

I'm of a similar mind Macca, but the risk of third party claims for Injuries incurred etc prevail now sadly, compared to our youth .
Sure as eggs If it was a little worse than they expect from the basis of this forecast they'd get slaughtered in the media.
The responsibility lies with the third party now rather than on the individual .
The call being made early probably relates to the logistics of it more than any other consideration.

You are quite right of course just winds me up

Captain Dart

Forecast for tomorrow is now above freezing. Outside it is currently 1°C
This is not untypical for this time of year.
If the organisers want to avoid this sort of problem they need to stage the event in April.

Terry Gibson's perm

Had we had a downfall of snow overnight, or even a rain fall which iced over and we woke up to those conditions this morning, I’d have accepted the decision a bit easier.

We had snow this morning about 3am as I drove home from work it must have been for about twenty seconds

wingy

Completely cancelled then .
Citing of a busy calender and lead times re booking other agenies who participate or provide assistance .
Shame for all who were due to run.

lifeskyblue

I don’t know...I bet you shit from the start line. Bet you shat through the field. And possibly shit towards the finish.
Of course you meant ‘shot’ rather than a comment on your running ability.
Congrats on your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread