Coventry Commentary (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Hi All, Just a quick question, for the last couple of years I've paid for the Sky Blues World thing on the Offal so I could listen to the commentary (I live in Norfolk so don't get to as many games as id like) anyway, my laptop has just died and it will probably be some time before I can afford a new one.....Is there any way atall that you can listen to the commentary via an iPhone wether though Sky Blues World or one of the Radio apps ? I just paid for what looks to be the best radio app available and I can pick up Coventry and Warwickshire radio, would the commentary be available on there or do they block the game for anyone not living in the region,

Thanks a lot

CovisGod

covkid69

i tried listening to commentary via an i-phone radio app and they block it coz of copyright rubbish :(

Sky Blue Kid

Is it the same for Mercia or whatever they're called now?

My brother still lives in Coventry and says you can listen for free on BBC Cov and Warwick radio or Mercia Sound if you live in the reception area, but the game is "Cut off" if you live outside the area unless you subscribe to Sky Blue Player. (Approx £40 per season)

Ccfc1979

It still won't work on iPhone though as the software required to play it on Sky Blue Player is banned on Apple products. Also, Cov and Warwickshire through radio apps also blocks it. I'm in Milton Keynes and have to log onto PC every time which is a bit of a pain.

ajsccfc

It's annoying as I've got the PC next to the radio so I could theoretically listen to CWR fine through the radio, but via the internet stream on a PC two feet away I get the copyright thing. As the reception for CWR where I am (or where I've put the radio) is terrible I'm stuck with Mercia, although silver lining: it allowed me to fall in love with Dave Bennett all over again.

RegTheDonk

That's what you get for buying an I phone. No such problems on my Android

Got a Desire running 2.2 so flash isn't a problem - can watch video highlights etc via Sky Blue Player. But can't get the live audio commentary to work. Whats your method mate?

Skyblue4u

Got a Desire running 2.2 so flash isn't a problem - can watch video highlights etc via Sky Blue Player. But can't get the live audio commentary to work. Whats your method mate?

I also used a desire but it was rooted and using a custom rom. I just connected with HD browser and never had any problems.

Got a HTC one x now :)

Users who are viewing this thread