Match Thread Coventry City vs. Luton Town Match Thread - Saturday 15th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Luton Town match, tactics and predictions :)

Ashdown

Right, I've got tickets to this one......if Burge cocks up again, I'm gonna run on the pitch and slap his arse......I've heard it's what City fans do these days ?!

no_loyalty

A draw at best, Luton are on a great run at the moment.

Esoterica

Luton have been on a good run, unbeaten in 8 and top of the form table but they've played some teams in dire form (Yes, yes, I know, I know!) and haven't done well against anyone in the top 9 home or away.

Their record is quite like Wycombe's last year - smashing the poor teams, especially at home and struggling against the league's best.

upload_2018-12-10_15-9-47.png

At home we haven't won or lost by more than a 1 goal margin all season so I don't think we'll get a pasting:
upload_2018-12-10_15-17-43.png

Will be interesting to see what the line up is. Not sure too many changes are needed after Saturday, we were 5 mins away for holding out for the 1-0, just need to be bolder 2nd half and take some of these chances. I would just swap JCH for Baka but wouldn't be surprised to see him use Doyle at home and Kelly away although feel Kelly deserves the shirt again after last week.

Prediciting a 2-1 City win.

steve82

Luton have been on a good run, unbeaten in 8 and top of the form table but they've played some teams in dire form (Yes, yes, I know, I know!) and haven't done well against anyone in the top 9 home or away.

Their record is quite like Wycombe's last year - smashing the poor teams, especially at home and struggling against the league's best.

View attachment 11141

At home we haven't won or lost by more than a 1 goal margin all season so I don't think we'll get a pasting:
View attachment 11142

Will be interesting to see what the line up is. Not sure too many changes are needed after Saturday, we were 5 mins away for holding out for the 1-0, just need to be bolder 2nd half and take some of these chances. I would just swap JCH for Baka but wouldn't be surprised to see him use Doyle at home and Kelly away although feel Kelly deserves the shirt again after last week.

Prediciting a 2-1 City win.

I’d happily swap our results and be struggling against the leagues best if it puts you 2nd in the table like Luton.

Luton seem to score with ease and are a good side, really don’t fancy us at all on both our form.

However we thought the same going into the game last season at Kenilworth Road and look how that turned out. Hoping for a early Xmas present here tho I feel like I’m asking Santa for something beyond reach right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

I honestly fear a bit of a battering in this one

Warwickhunt

a thumping for us methinks unless MR gets his head out of his arse and play to upset their rythm and then change people about at half time!. He should go in at half time and say to himself what would i do to stop CCFC playing . then counter those with formation change and swap thomas to the left and bring Bayliss out t the right etc.

pusbccfc

CCFC 0-4 Luton.

The boo boys will be back out just before Christmas.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think we'll lose this one, again due to a lack of finishing chances. Aside from the odd massive individual error we've been pretty good as a defensive unit so don't think we'll get pasted unless that Walsall game has got into their heads - hopefully not.

_____________Burge
Sterling___Willis___Davies___Brown
Thomas__Bayliss___Kelly___Shipley
__________Baka__Hiwula

Subs: Addai (assume LOB is injured at the mo), Hyam, Mason, Doyle, Allassani, Chaplin, JCH

2-1 to Luton

oucho

Knowing us as I do, i fully expect a dominant 3-0 win!

runner

Going to get caned, hope I'm wrong ... but just can't see us standing up against a team that's scoring for fun ... when we've no effective strikers in our team right now ...

Sky Blue Harry H

We are capable of beating them, but also capable of getting tonked. That said, a lot thought we'd be turned over by Accy and Posh in our last2 home games, so an entertaining draw is on the cards, and fans still a bit mardy..... until we win at Shrewsbury.

steve82

We can draw comfort that the rest didn’t exactly blow us away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paxman II

We can win this. There are too many pessimist on here denying that we can be a very good side. We just need to find the net more from those chances.
I'd bring Doyle back with Kelly. It's been crying out for that all season.
Drop JCH and Bakayako in favour of Chaplin and Hiwula together with support from strong wing backs, Andreu and Thomas. Let Kelly and Doyle do the dog work in breaking up play, winning the ball and protecting the back 4. Attack will be the best form of defense.

Users who are viewing this thread