Video Coventry City v Bristol City highlights (1 Viewer)

JoeCCFCPUSB

Was a shit game tonight, very similar to the Sheffield Wednesday game. The team has just looked flat over the past 2 matches, Sakamoto, Milan, Collins and Sheaf have been the 4 players worthy of a mention. All 4 have been key, particularly Sakamoto and Milan, absolutely lethal on that right hand side and they are running non-stop. O'Hare was poor tonight as was Godden,

Godden doesn't suit our style of play or tactics and we are effectively playing with 10 men. I am convinced O'Hare's performances are largely based on who is playing in front of him. Godden can't link up with the likes of Sakamoto, Palmer, O'Hare and MIlan and we end up with with basically the 4 players trying to create an opening and create a half chance in the box and it always ends up with one of the 4 players ending up with the opportunity at goal and not Godden.

Simms is another player I struggle to see how he fits in with the Sakamoto, Palmer, O'Hare and MIlan style of football. These 4 players play 1 and 2 touch football, they pass and move, they stay really tight and close to each other and they are really smart with their choices regarding when to cross, play a through ball etc. I just can't see how Simms fits into this type of football, he isn't equipped with the ability to be the man that receives the final pass and shifts and turns into a position to finish. He is very much a player that has legs and will be in the box or just off the defenders shoulder.

Haji Wright on the other hand can fit this system, he is quick, physically strong, he has shown he is very much well and able to play link up football as we have seen Haji and Callum O'Hare stringing some great passes together. Haji Wrights strongest attribute is his movement, he is a player that can be in the right place at the right time and this is a valuable asset to our club.

Based on this, my idea going forward in terms of formation and the starting lineup would be Collins, MVE, Thomas, Kitch, Bidders
the midfield 3 being Sheaf, Eccles and O'Hare. My front 3 will be Sakamoto and Palmer on the wings with Wright playing up front, however what i would do is have Palmer and Wright interchange as and when they see fit and as the game progresses. For example i would allow Palmer to come into a more central position when O'hare, Sakamoto or Milan has the ball in order to link up the play and have Haji drift out wide.

I would also set up this way when we are on the attack, i would have Palmer coming central and Wright drifting out wide.

Users who are viewing this thread