Video Coventry City v Bristol City highlights (1 Viewer)

stupot07

All four goals were shockers. Defenders looked like it was their first pre season friendly. Midfield slacking too.
I know its only 1 game but Doyle looks so far out his depth, you can see why Sunderland dropped him second half of the season for their promotion push.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Moore and the defenders were definitely under par but mixing in the young ones is a gamble but trust in Robins - at least he could see what they can offer against a team they don’t know - it’s totally different playing another team than practice games against your own squad - just goes to show how important O Hare is and Eccles has some way to go

Sick Boy

Moore and the defenders were definitely under par but mixing in the young ones is a gamble but trust in Robins - at least he could see what they can offer against a team they don’t know - it’s totally different playing another team than practice games against your own squad - just goes to show how important O Hare is and Eccles has some way to go
Harsh on Moore, he didn’t even play.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So in a thread specifically about last nights game you comment on something not specifically about this game...

People need to stop being so stroppy. We lost 4-1 and Waghorn & Walker played a significant part of the game. Of course it is relevant. It isn't just about them, we can talk about other players too, but this is a pair who shouldn't really still be at the club and last night was another showing where it seems true that if we want to be successful, then those two aren't looking likely to be very helpful.

Unless one of them played magnificently and the people at the game are keeping it all a big secret?

Nick

Administrator
People need to stop being so stroppy. We lost 4-1 and Waghorn & Walker played a significant part of the game. Of course it is relevant. It isn't just about them, we can talk about other players too, but this is a pair who shouldn't really still be at the club and last night was another showing where it seems true that if we want to be successful, then those two aren't looking likely to be very helpful.

Unless one of them played magnificently and the people at the game are keeping it all a big secret?

Erm....

What are you basing it off? Waghorn came on as a sub and was involved in the first goal.

SBS

Waghorn played well last night, looked much better after the triple sub was made. Admittedly it would’ve been hard to look any worse.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Erm....

What are you basing it off? Waghorn came on as a sub and was involved in the first goal.

I thought it was for people who weren't at the game to tell those who were what was happening.

Making a general observation that the two of them are not really good enough, following a game where we lost 4-1, is hardly a controversial stand point or telling others what happened, is it? Especially having seen them in many other games in the past.

Sorry I couldn't go to the game, but in our goal (which can clearly be seen on the video posted above) Waghorn made one pass in the midfield. The ball then went through at least 2 if not 3 other players before Allen scored, so it just looks like you are trying to exaggerate to make a counter argument for the sake of it. It was a nice pass early on, yes, but if we want to thank everyone involved we can go round all 11 players in that case. Until now also, no one has really claimed anyone was outstanding other than Burroughs, which again, shock horror, isn't surprising given we lost 4-1. It also gives you a pretty good idea of what happened when you factor in live comments, match report, match highlights etc, so I don't see why it is an issue to say what I have said. It isn't like I have gone on the ratings thread and gone to town, is it?

The point is that we have two strikers at the club which are largely under par and it was believed they were going to be off. We are now stuck with them. It is a cup game so they both get quite a fair amount of minutes and whilst it certainly isn't entirely their fault, the fact that we lost so heavily isn't really a complete coincidence or surprise is it? You were really hyper critical and mad on the match thread, which is understandable, but to then come on here and try behave like they are being hard done by is a bit strange. Unless everyone is lying and keeping secrets about them, and they both put in amazing performances, it just looks like you are looking for another argument here for no real reason.

Nick

Administrator
Making a general observation that the two of them are not really good enough, following a game where we lost 4-1, is hardly a controversial stand point or telling others what happened, is it? Especially having seen them in many other games in the past.

Sorry I couldn't go to the game, but in our goal (which can clearly be seen on the video posted above) Waghorn made one pass in the midfield. The ball then went through at least 2 if not 3 other players before Allen scored, so it just looks like you are trying to exaggerate to make a counter argument for the sake of it. It was a nice pass early on, yes, but if we want to thank everyone involved we can go round all 11 players in that case. Until now also, no one has really claimed anyone was outstanding other than Burroughs, which again, shock horror, isn't surprising given we lost 4-1. It also gives you a pretty good idea of what happened when you factor in live comments, match report, match highlights etc, so I don't see why it is an issue to say what I have said. It isn't like I have gone on the ratings thread and gone to town, is it?

The point is that we have two strikers at the club which are largely under par and it was believed they were going to be off. We are now stuck with them. It is a cup game so they both get quite a fair amount of minutes and whilst it certainly isn't entirely their fault, the fact that we lost so heavily isn't really a complete coincidence or surprise is it? You were really hyper critical and mad on the match thread, which is understandable, but to then come on here and try behave like they are being hard done by is a bit strange. Unless everyone is lying and keeping secrets about them, and they both put in amazing performances, it just looks like you are looking for another argument here for no real reason.

How can you judge Waghorn based on those highlights?

I am not saying how anybody is hard done by, I am asking how you can come to the assumption based on those?

PVA

Doyle really poor for a couple of those goals at least.

How was he generally, goals aside?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How can you judge Waghorn based on those highlights?

I am not saying how anybody is hard done by, I am asking how you can come to the assumption based on those?

I said pretty early on in this thread it isn't specifically based on this game. You are so busy looking for an argument you haven't stopped to read what I wrote properly.

Go outside and have an ice lolly and beer.

Nick

Administrator
I said pretty early on in this thread it isn't specifically based on this game. You are so busy looking for an argument you haven't stopped to read what I wrote properly.

Go outside and have an ice lolly and beer.

You have posted them on the thread about the highlights from last night.

Why not mention Hamer and Sheaf as well then?

fatso

Doyle really poor for a couple of those goals at least.

How was he generally, goals aside?
Well he was brought in as a defender to specifically stop goals. So goals aside I guess he did his job. 🙄

Brighton Sky Blue

The problem all night was the forwards getting nowhere near enough possession to have an impact. The reason for that was a pretty weak midfield duo who were leaving gaps all over the place and being sloppy with the ball on the occasions they had it. Second half the opposition took it easy but despite having more of the ball a lot of the possession was wasted from midfield.

This wasn't really a game where you could single out any of the forwards for criticism.

shmmeee

Far more worried Doyle and apparently Adaramola didn’t look close to the first team than about Waghorn and Walker TBH.

Brighton Sky Blue

They both will I think but have a lot of work to do & need games to get up to speed hence why last night was ideal. Much rather that than thrown in to start a league game at this stage.

Pity we decided not to bother else could have had a few more no pressure games.

Users who are viewing this thread