Video Coventry City v Bristol City highlights (1 Viewer)

larry_david

That's a great pen from godden. That Bentley has always been a twat too, I think he was at Southend when he was a youth coming through and he was a cocky twat then. Unlucky pal

robbiethemole

at 1.12 in, both Martin and Weimann look offside and McFadz is appealing but Sian Massey just ignores it. Still, we beat them so fuck these useless officials

lifeskyblue

at 1.12 in, both Martin and Weimann look offside and McFadz is appealing but Sian Massey just ignores it. Still, we beat them so fuck these useless officials

Looked v close to me. Not an obvious mistake from Lino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

She doesn't no the off side rule then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Nope, wasn't Sian.

From the CCFC site:

"This season so far, Simpson has awarded 30 yellow cards in the 9 games he has officiated across the Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet League Two.

Simpson will be assisted by Lee Venamore and Natalie Aspinall whilst Geoff Eltringham will act as the fourth official."

Happy_Martian

As for whether it's offside.....
(screen grab from the Youtube video)

1636305789861.png

Happy_Martian

And the followup after the save...

1636305959352.png

So I'd argue that Martin was level when the first shot came in and reacted first to get to the Moore part-save. When he crossed it for Weimann (sp?), Weimann was behind the ball but in front of the Cov defender. And last time I looked, there had to be a keeper and defender between the ball and the player receiving the pass so OFFSIDE. But that is a matter of milliseconds movement so it would never likely be given as such.

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

Never absolutely sure with the offside rules these days, but from the first screen shot Martin looks marginally offside whereas Weimann is clearly offside, although granted this is a millisecond after the shot was made. Weimann can't be offside in the 2nd screen as he isn't in front of Martin. When does Weimann's previous offside position cease to apply though? I would have thought it was still the same passage of play and he should have been offside from that initial shot. If he hadn't been in that offside position he might not have been in such a handy position to tap in Martin's pass so definitely gained an advantage from being in that offside position.

Brighton Sky Blue

View attachment 22600

So I'd argue that Martin was level when the first shot came in and reacted first to get to the Moore part-save. When he crossed it for Weimann (sp?), Weimann was behind the ball but in front of the Cov defender. And last time I looked, there had to be a keeper and defender between the ball and the player receiving the pass so OFFSIDE. But that is a matter of milliseconds movement so it would never likely be given as such.

Martin is offside in the first instance, though it's tight. Certainly not as blatant as Tuesday night

stupot07

Martin is offside in the first instance, though it's tight. Certainly not as blatant as Tuesday night
Martin is just onside, previous screen shot is too late after the ball has left his foot. This is a mini second before he hits it.

bc2cf35ab696345fdc97a1eec8a7bbbc.jpg

Weimann looks level when Martin connects. Really tight though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
a1e860bf3ecc99b4f26eb25e5db66fc3.jpg

Certainly not a shocker, think you'd need VAR to rule it off.

Brighton Sky Blue

Martin is just onside, previous screen shot is too late after the ball has left his foot. This is a mini second before he hits it.

bc2cf35ab696345fdc97a1eec8a7bbbc.jpg

Weimann looks level when Martin connects. Really tight though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
a1e860bf3ecc99b4f26eb25e5db66fc3.jpg

Certainly not a shocker, think you'd need VAR to rule it off.

Fair enough, I think he's being played on in that second shot. Looked miles off at the time but we were looking at it at an angle.

shmmeee

View attachment 22600

Offside only applies to players ahead of the ball.

robbiethemole

Oops
Nope, wasn't Sian.

From the CCFC site:

"This season so far, Simpson has awarded 30 yellow cards in the 9 games he has officiated across the Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet League Two.

Simpson will be assisted by Lee Venamore and Natalie Aspinall whilst Geoff Eltringham will act as the fourth official."

My apologies for misaligning Sian, I thought it was her but thinking about it, she always gives us the decisions. hahaha

edgy

Some good "extended highlights" from a young Bristol fan. Captures a bit more of our 2nd half than the official highlights do. Do feel sorry for the poor lad towards the end. We've all been there.

lifeskyblue

Some good "extended highlights" from a young Bristol fan. Captures a bit more of our 2nd half than the official highlights do. Do feel sorry for the poor lad towards the end. We've all been there.

Yes…well would have felt sorry for him if it hadn’t been CCFC they were playing.
Him and his dad’s disbelief matched mine at the end. Just how did 10men dominate ball, possession and chances and score 3 in 45mins against 11men who were twice in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovBrummie94

Really felt for that young Bristol City lad walking away despondent from the CBS. As Cov fans we have all been there many times before. It's what makes the good times even more special.

Users who are viewing this thread