Coventry 3 Wycombe 2 Highlights (1 Viewer)

ps1948

Now I see it again I have even less idea how Biamou missed. Quite incredible to put a point blank open goal out by the corner flag.
Yet here I am thinking he did well to win the ball back and get a shot off despite being off balance....hoping he breaks his duck soon, as his all round play is pretty good.
Also think both penalties were very soft, and McNulty should be kicking himself for not having a hat-trick - great ball into his path by the man-who-doesn't-pass.

ovduk78

Yet here I am thinking he did well to win the ball back and get a shot off despite being off balance....hoping he breaks his duck soon, as his all round play is pretty good.
Also think both penalties were very soft, and McNulty should be kicking himself for not having a hat-trick - great ball into his path by the man-who-doesn't-pass.
I don't think either penalty should have been given, I couldn't see what contact if any there was from the goalkeeper when McNulty ran through

steve82

Kelly-Evans challenged was a penalty for me unfortunately, tugged him too much.

The players reaction says it all. The ref was poor but he made it easy for him to call.

Otis

Incredibly soft penalty to give away from DKE.......no, sorry, forgot, as the Bucks Free Press report said, their player was 'hacked down.'

Maybe it's just me but that McNulty one does look a penalty.

Adge

Incredibly soft penalty to give away from DKE.......no, sorry, forgot, as the Bucks Free Press report said, their player was 'hacked down.'

No bias at all!

ovduk78

I don't think it's a penalty. DKE, who must be a foot shorter and a few stone lighter, grabs him a couple of times from behind on the wrist/arm yet he manages to fall forwards. To me the Akinfenwa one is more of a penalty as Willis pushes him in the back and he falls forward, but it's a push that my 12 year old son wouldn't fall over from.

dadgad

Fair play to the team and Robins for great win against one of the ‘better’ teams.
Given recent injuries, the way the midfield and attack are working it speaks well for the spirit in the camp.
Pusb

Marty

I don't think any of them were penalties, The ref was terrible all game and if you lunge in or put your hands on a player, with a ref that unpredictable then anything could happen. Not sure why McNulty would go down when clean through, but doesn't matter now, got the 3 points, on to the next game.

Grendel

Kelly Evans was a blatant penalty. You can’t have both arms around the player and expect to get away with it. Players reactions say it all. He barely bothered to complain.

Otis

Kelly Evans was a blatant penalty. You can’t have both arms around the player and expect to get away with it. Players reactions say it all. He barely bothered to complain.
That's what I am saying. It was a soft penalty to give away from DKE's perspective.

I was merely mocking the fact that the local Wycombe rage said he was 'hacked down.' That is laughable.

skybluesam66

mcnulty said he felt a touch and went down - ie he dived
exactly the same as Akinfenwa - there was a slight hand on his back, but nothing enough to stop him
both were rightly booked

However a poor first touch from mcnulty for what should have been a hat trick

Otis

mcnulty said he felt a touch and went down - ie he dived
exactly the same as Akinfenwa - there was a slight hand on his back, but nothing enough to stop him
both were rightly booked

However a poor first touch from mcnulty for what should have been a hat trick
Yeah. Stupid to go down. Even though he had over hit it slightly, I still think he was favourite to score.

When I said previously about McNulty's BEING a penalty I have to qualify that was talking about his actual penalty. The guy clipped his heels.

David O'Day

he didn't have both arms around him, you are just shite wum these days

Brighton Sky Blue

Just one of several times he has spared open goals. He wasn't the only one to miss sitters, far from it, but his confidence is shot at the moment. Also-no doubt about their pen, DKE was all over him.

higgs

Ha ha predictive text that should have said he wouldn't score in a brothel !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

he didn't have both arms around him, you are just shite wum these days

I suggest you have another look, left arm on back of should right arm round the front. Size doesn't come into it, you put hands on and you run the risk...stupid penalty to give away.

Hobo

Spectacular goal by Doyle. But he does his normal thing of just getting in before the opponent and smashing the ball forward. Big slice of luck with that one.

Grendel

That's what I am saying. It was a soft penalty to give away from DKE's perspective.

I was merely mocking the fact that the local Wycombe rage said he was 'hacked down.' That is laughable.

To be fair Andy Turner described Doyle’s goal as genius by spotting the goalkeeper off the line and lobbing it over him

Adge

To be fair Andy Turner described Doyle’s goal as genius by spotting the goalkeeper off the line and lobbing it over him
Oh dear. Used to like him as a reporter etc but over the last 18 months has really gone down the pan. Is to reporting now what Geoff Foster is to commentating.

Users who are viewing this thread