Coventry. 1 hour after we lifted the FA Cup. (1 Viewer)

hill83

I saw this a few months ago, interesting video in the park I played in as a child :)

rustyredline

Don't think it would be like that now for a number of reasons. The FA cup is not as prestigious nowadays; Cov is alot more depressing; That area is now full of immigrants and students. Would love it to happen again though this was a strange glimpse into when our city's number 1 sports team actually achieved success, very rare.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Don't think it would be like that now for a number of reasons. The FA cup is not as prestigious nowadays; Cov is alot more depressing; That area is now full of immigrants and students. Would love it to happen again though this was a strange glimpse into when our city's number 1 sports team actually achieved success, very rare.

It wasn't exactly a whites only area back then!

I think it would be even better now as we are in more need of cheering up.

speedie87

I enjoyed watching that just to play name that car!!!

Love the way people who record stuff like this would get loads of abuse at the time but 20 year later they suddenly become cool.

hill83

<p>

It wasn't exactly a whites only area back then!

I think it would be even better now as we are in more need of cheering up.

You are aware you get white immigrants. And to the other fella, you'd have hated me a few years ago, being a mixed race student.

Nick

Administrator
Nice to see there were still dickhead drivers then. at 2.34 that sky blue car pulls out at 2mph and drives mega slow.

TheSnoz

Coundon, take a look at LIFE ON MARS, the tv show from a couple of years ago. The John Simm character 'Sam Tyler' gives the reply to that white dog poo question. Apparently dog food producers in those days, 1970s on, used to bulk up the food with chalk. That's what he says. It kind of makes sense.
Doesn't Coventry look rough in that film. Worse now. Well done to the bloke who filmed it.

kapowaz

Heh, the wasteland site with the VW campervan parked in front of it is where my old lift to Highfield Road used to park on matchdays once it got turned into a mini carpark. That's one end of Far Gosford Street, right? It's getting on for 20 years since I was last there…

rustyredline

you'd have hated me a few years ago, being a mixed race student.

I had to laugh at this one :facepalm:. All i was saying is that immigrants and students live in an area. Why would I hate people i don't know? Where did hate or even dislike come into this?

ExmouthNeil

This is a re-post but always worth a watch......

Yes played spot the car and I was there watchin the game....

Anyone know who this guy is????

HAPPY DAYS....... Walked around with a smile on my face for about 2 months.....:):):):)

Neil

scroobiustom

actually brought a tear to my eye!

cant wait till we win it again! :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread