Council Street Parking Restrictions (1 Viewer)

Otis

How does that work in practice?

'When there are expected to be more than 10,00.'

We all guess attendances on here and hardly anyone ever gets it right. I know they have more idea, but surely no-one can estimate walk-up. If they think it is going to be under 10,000 and then suddenly on match day there is an upsurge on ticket sales, will they suddenly send out parking wardens to issue tickets?

torchomatic

We should be fine for a couple of decades then. Unless one of the Premiership boys pay us a visit.

Otis

We should be fine for a couple of decades then. Unless one of the Premiership boys pay us a visit.

Not so sure, Torch.

Trying to be optimistic here, but if TM stays and he does get some backing and he brings in some exciting players and we start playing good football, score freely, we will be right in the mix at the top end of the table.

That will surely put at least another 200 on the gate. :whistle:

SkyBlue_Bear83

As long as Coventry City Football Club plays its home fixtures at the Ricoh Arena, the Ricoh Arena Resident's Parking Scheme will operate in line with the club's fixtures.

So its still in operation regardless of 10k or not

Nick

Administrator
As long as Coventry City Football Club plays its home fixtures at the Ricoh Arena, the Ricoh Arena Resident's Parking Scheme will operate in line with the club's fixtures.

So its still in operation regardless of 10k or not

Where was that bit?

rupert_bear

I live within this parking zone but a fair way away from the Arena. Never see any traffic wardens but I did notice parking tickets on some cars in Rowleys Green Lane after the Orient match. I have had a notice asking me to apply for parking permit though, haven't done it yet. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be any consistency and lets be honest what problem does it cause ? The other week there was a wedding at St. Thomas's Longford same time as a match and there were cars all over the place for an hour. Just another revenue raising opportunity from our lovely council imo.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it isn't very consistent. I think it is usually the police who police it, sometimes see them on motorbikes hammering everybody.

I got one from Warwickshire Police for parking on the grass by the bull and anchor once. The bull and anchor own the grass and I was in there...

torchomatic

Obviously hope you're right. Tonight is a MASSIVE game. Could well define not just this season but next one too. We need Mowbray to stay.

Not so sure, Torch.

Trying to be optimistic here, but if TM stays and he does get some backing and he brings in some exciting players and we start playing good football, score freely, we will be right in the mix at the top end of the table.

That will surely put at least another 200 on the gate. :whistle:

rupert_bear

That is one problem Nick, you have Warwickshire Police, West Midlands Police and our Council all able to issue parking tickets and operate different criteria as I see it, perhaps a topic for this SCG crowd to get their teeth into, it all puts people off going.

Captain Dart

Yeah it isn't very consistent. I think it is usually the police who police it, sometimes see them on motorbikes hammering everybody.

I got one from Warwickshire Police for parking on the grass by the bull and anchor once. The bull and anchor own the grass and I was in there...

The zone is down to the pointless Labour green transport policy in force when the stadium was opened, people don't actually use less 'carbon' they just find different ways of going to the game by car.

Otis

Obviously hope you're right. Tonight is a MASSIVE game. Could well define not just this season but next one too. We need Mowbray to stay.

You know like I do, Torch, that maybe gates will rise a little if we are doing well, but will totally skyrocket for the bandwagon Chelsea/Wembley chance games.

rupert_bear

Likely to be 30000+ for the Leicester Tigers rugger match in May, bet our council are rubbing their hands with that approaching.

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably won't ticket them, wouldn't want to upset the rugby fans!!!

They should be taking on extra staff to cope with all the extra potential tickets, would be nice to go and cover all the signs as it's a double whammy a Leicester Rugby fan would could be lovelier to see ticketed:thinking about:

Plus the police should be out in force breath testing as these Rugby followers like a drink during the game and shouldn't be putting people at risk drinking and driving.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

They should be taking on extra staff to cope with all the extra potential tickets, would be nice to go and cover all the signs as it's a double whammy a Leicester Rugby fan would could be lovelier to see ticketed:thinking about:

Plus the police should be out in force breath testing as these Rugby followers like a drink during the game and shouldn't be putting people at risk drinking and driving.

Good job footie fans don't drink.....
Think of the mayhem it would cause if they had a shandy or two. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread