Council House Protest Today? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I have seen that there is going to be something going on at 1pm, be careful if you go down there though I have heard they will be animals!

LAST and BHSB, sorry I can't make it fellas I am just going to Cannes. :p

Warning : This is a light hearted thread. It is something to do with dogs being allowed off leads.

Nick

Administrator
Oh and a note about dogs off leads.

It is perfectly fine when they are trained and have re-call to their owner. But there is nothing worse than 2 yappy little rats running off and hanging off an 11 stone dogs face (while he is on a lead minding his own business) while he wonders what is going on while they owners laugh about it saying "oh they are just playing" and they have no control at all.

Yeah hilarious love, sort your fucking dogs out, my poor dog is clearly having a ball having your pointless pets hanging off his face when he just wants to have a walk. What would happen if it was my dog just "playing" with 2 little dogs?

Personally, can't see the issue with all dogs having to be on leads most of the time in very public places (ie memorial park) but if you go out into the countryside then do what you want if you have control.

Nick

Administrator
You have an 11st. dog??? What do you feed it on.......horses?

No, people kept catching us taking them :( Slight exaggeration he is 10.55 now.

As you can imagine, having little out of control dogs trying to kick off with him when their owners are nowhere to be seen isn't the best experience when he just wants to go for a walk, have a poo, come home and go back to sleep again.

I'd much rather everybody had their dog on a lead, it would make dog walking a nicer experience.

jimmyhillsfanclub

No, people kept catching us taking them :( Slight exaggeration he is 10.55 now.

As you can imagine, having little out of control dogs trying to kick off with him when their owners are nowhere to be seen isn't the best experience when he just wants to go for a walk, have a poo, come home and go back to sleep again.

I'd much rather everybody had their dog on a lead, it would make dog walking a nicer experience.

As the owner of an English Springer Spaniel, there is no way I would be happy walking him on the lead all the time......his very nature makes him pull like fuck as he needs to be slightly ahead at all times.....its his job......let him off the lead & he's as good as gold.

I always keep him on a lead at the roadside & in BBQ season if I happen to be in a busy public park, but we spend most of our walks "off- piste" in woodlands or down by the river....

Nick

Administrator
As the owner of an English Springer Spaniel, there is no way I would be happy walking him on the lead all the time......his very nature makes him pull like fuck as he needs to be slightly ahead at all times.....its his job......let him off the lead & he's as good as gold.

I always keep him on a lead at the roadside & in BBQ season if I happen to be in a busy public park, but we spend most of our walks "off- piste" in woodlands or down by the river....

That's the thing, if you walk in somewhere very public you would have the sense to have him on his lead. (or you would go to the woods to walk where nobody is)

I have never had an issue with Spaniels when walking, it is actually always the older folk with their terriers who just let them off and stand and have a chat not watching them. Spaniels are usually well trained too so do some when called due to their nature.

I used to have a French Mastiff (Think Turner and Hooch) and when he was a puppy I'd try to walk him through busy places to get him used to people, smells and other dogs. He got attacked by one of those white terrior things while he was on his lead and I had to pick him up, meanwhile the old woman owner comes over shouting at me for having a big out of control dog (he was on his lead and petrified) and what was he doing to her poor puppy (that was off the lead and a fair distance away from her basically out of control). He had a scar on his mouth for the rest of his life from that.

I can't see the issue with dogs being off their lead in the countryside if they come back straight away when called, but it does depend on the dog. How can they differentiate a law between a spaniel or labrador that walks next to the owner from off the lead or a terrier thats miles away from their owner? They can't screen the dogs either to see if they are allowed off the lead.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The whole dog ownership thing needs re-assessing if you ask me.....

There are kids around my way who are now getting dragged down the street by pitbull-lurchers....

Yes...pitbull lurchers....size of a stag, fast as a racehorse & as aggressive as, well, a pitbull....

They have these dogs as weapons as the police can't (and don't want to) seize them.....

I'd much rather face a little teenage gang armed with knives than one of these beasts......at least you've got a fair chance against a kid with a knife.

Nick

Administrator
Christ, never seen a pitbull lurcher although I have seen a couple of dogs that have obviously been classed as a pitbull so go round with a tattoo and a muzzle at all times.

I agree on the dog ownership thing, I would never let my dogs off in a park even though I trust them 100% as it is other people's dogs and other people you can't trust. It is the same as trusting them 100% but never EVER leaving a dog alone with a kid.

You see those people in the paper who say "I trust my Pitbull 100% so I thought it would be ok for me to go and have a path and leave my toddler with the dog for 5 minutes, while the kid is eating food" and stuff like that.

chiefdave

What winds me up, and I'm not sure if this is just a Pompey thing, is the number of dog owners who walk their dogs on the pavement next to the road without a lead on. I don't care how well behaved the dog is or how good his recall is you only need him to get distracted once and run off and there would be a good chance he'd be run over.

I don't even take my dog from the back gate to the car, which is about 10 foot away, without him being on the lead just to be safe.

Nick

Administrator
What winds me up, and I'm not sure if this is just a Pompey thing, is the number of dog owners who walk their dogs on the pavement next to the road without a lead on. I don't care how well behaved the dog is or how good his recall is you only need him to get distracted once and run off and there would be a good chance he'd be run over.

I don't even take my dog from the back gate to the car, which is about 10 foot away, without him being on the lead just to be safe.

There are a few by me, usually chavs who do it.

You know for a fact it would be the cars fault too... Like you say, it only takes the dog to be spooked by something and bam!

K

Kavomatovldag

Council House Protest T

thank u beef for my black eye think i will give your card a bashing today as a little pay back sleep well lol

Users who are viewing this thread