Council haters have gotten the result they wanted (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

There was/is a significant minority of city fans who were of the opinion that CCC and Higgs have been holding the club back.

The councils hold over the club has now gone. You should all be rejoicing, so why all the negativity?

Some were of the opinion that CCC shouldnt be involved in the running of a stadium, they no longer are. Again you should be happy.

Going forward sisu/ccfc are all on their own. No one to hold them back, no one to try and force a change of ownership (according to some).

Let's see how well the club prospers under sisu control with no outside interference. Let's see how well it now does with funding it's own stadium (without getting the local authority to build it for them), and let's see how well they negotiate with a private landlord who doesn't need to worry about unpopularity amongst ccfc fans.

letsallsingtogether

They will only find someone else to blame as long as it is not their beloved Sisu.
They will say well sisu are partly to blame but blah blah blah

Skybluechick

what a total utter load of bollocks u spout! i fuckin hate the council n the lot of em, im no sisu supporter never went 6fields just a supporter of ccfc n the council hav well n truely fucked us over sellin our home ground to the bloody toffs! i feel i have now lost our footie team as we wont ever play in cov again! so gloat be happy at the downfall of our club! glad u find this all so entertaining while most of us are devastated!

Nick

Administrator
There was/is a significant minority of city fans who were of the opinion that CCC and Higgs have been holding the club back.

The councils hold over the club has now gone. You should all be rejoicing, so why all the negativity?

Some were of the opinion that CCC shouldnt be involved in the running of a stadium, they no longer are. Again you should be happy.

Going forward sisu/ccfc are all on their own. No one to hold them back, no one to try and force a change of ownership (according to some).

Let's see how well the club prospers under sisu control with no outside interference. Let's see how well it now does with funding it's own stadium (without getting the local authority to build it for them), and let's see how well they negotiate with a private landlord who doesn't need to worry about unpopularity amongst ccfc fans.

I am a bit confused, it reads as if you want it to fail? Very strange post.

Rusty Trombone

what a total utter load of bollocks u spout! i fuckin hate the council n the lot of em, im no sisu supporter never went 6fields just a supporter of ccfc n the council hav well n truely fucked us over sellin our home ground to the bloody toffs! i feel i have now lost our footie team as we wont ever play in cov again! so gloat be happy at the downfall of our club! glad u find this all so entertaining while most of us are devastated!

We're playing in Cov in a few hours, and then for a few more years at least. Hopefully Otium will learn how to negotiate with the owners of ACL during that time, and we'll have a long and glorious future (now I'm sounding like RFC - HELP).

letsallsingtogether

1. Nobody loves SISUk
  2. All parties do have to shoulder some of the blame in this mess.

Doesn't sound like it to me personally I actually don't give a toss any more just thought I would come on here and do some summing.
Thing is they are so easy to wind up???
I Will just keep I supporting City till they leave this City, if that happens will have to think seriously about moving on.
Well as long as we win tomorrow what the heck.

olderskyblue

1. Nobody loves SISU

Maybe not Nick, but there are a few joyboys that spout her mantra on here regularly, stating that they support CCFC not SISU, and saying they know SISU are not blameless, yet rarely, if ever, finding any fault with anything SISU say or do.

dongonzalos

Maybe not Nick, but there are a few joyboys that spout her mantra on here regularly, stating that they support CCFC not SISU, and saying they know SISU are not blameless, yet rarely, if ever, finding any fault with anything SISU say or do.

I have never said SISU are not to blame for this but................ ;)

Nick

Administrator
So because somebody doesn't go on and on about sisu they are joyboy, yet somebody pretty much says they want the club to fail and that's ok?

bigfatronssba

I am a bit confused, it reads as if you want it to fail? Very strange post.

Not strange at all. Simply that even you now have to admit that sole responsibility of the running of the club lies with Sisu. No one else to try and blame from now on.

Also why would I want my club to fail? That is about as logical as those who wanted ACL to fail out of nothing but spite.

bigfatronssba

So because somebody doesn't go on and on about sisu they are joyboy, yet somebody pretty much says they want the club to fail and that's ok?

So just because I have pointed out that sisu now have no one else to blame for future failures means I want the club to fail?

skybluetony176

So just because I have pointed out that sisu now have no one else to blame for future failures means I want the club to fail?

They'll blame SP next. And as the boo boys have started already on forums and media outlets (have to say, I didn't pick up an SP out vibe on Wednesday night, just the opposite if anything) they'll find that easier.

Like you quite rightly point out SISU have never owned responsibility for this club. It's always someone else's fault and again as you quite rightly point out recognising this does not mean that you want the club to fail. Just some prefer to make that out otherwise they'd have to admit that SISU have failed on every count.

italiahorse

It had to go to someone and Sisu never wanted it,

blueflint

you forget that SISU could have been where wasps are now but five years ago they wouldn't put their money where their mouths are they caused this not the council or higgs get a grip

Rusty Trombone

It had to go to someone and Sisu never wanted it,

If the stories are true that ACL are successful then it doesn't back up the argument that it had to go to someone, certainly less reason for the Council to sell their share, it's not as if they sold it at a premium.

rupert_bear

SISU appointed Wisher and Faggott to run the football club, not ccc, not ACL, not Higgs charity, just sisu. They (sisu) can replace them unless they (sisu) support the road these two dickheads are taking us down.

robbiethemole

For ages people have been saying that CCC should have no say in the football club's affairs nor a charity, forgetting both those institutions saved this club on the brink of oblivion. fast forward to today and neither have any say now, but still people are not happy they're out of it. SISU now have free rein to develop their plans without any outside interference so lets see what Seppala and co can actually do to move our club forward. ( I won't hold my breath waiting)

Samo

There was/is a significant minority of city fans who were of the opinion that CCC and Higgs
have been holding the club back.

Wow, you really hate our club don't you? Why are you on here?

Nick

Administrator

Well it depends doesn't it. We still have landlords, there are still constraints aren't they? ACL / Wasps could still fuck the club over couldn't they?

This was probably you while writing that post, which is why I said that:

giphy.gif

theferret

There was NEVER a 'significant' minority that blamed ACL/CCC exclusively - one or two individuals perhaps, but I've never actually met one. What some people have said is that the council have not been blameless. While it may have been possible to sympathise with them for having to deal with SISU and their silly games, especially during the rent strike and all that nonsense that followed - the fact remains that at the beginning of this season certain individuals got around the table and negotiated a return, with talk of 'building bridges'. Weeks later the council have off-loaded the Ricoh for peanuts in a deal that looks increasingly like it was driven by spite and personal grudges (it was hardly a commercial triumph) - a deal that has the knock on effect of harming our local rugby club too.

SISU have hardly been screaming from the rooftops about it either - their initial reaction was one of indifference. The people that are really unhappy are the supporters, because the door to ownership has been slammed shut - and so too has the prospect of ridding the club of SISU anytime soon. The people you speak of all want new ownership, and now that looks increasingly unlikely in the short term. Rejoicing? Grow up - why we any of us be rejoicing at the prospect of spending the forseeable future in this league or lower?

But hey, I know that for some people it matters more that SISU are seen have lost out than it does our club have a positive future. Pantomime season has come early.

skybluetony176

Well it depends doesn't it. We still have landlords, there are still constraints aren't they? ACL / Wasps could still fuck the club over couldn't they?

giphy.gif

As apposed to owners who only ever have done and probably only ever will fuck the club over.

I know which one I'm more concerned about and it ain't the landlords. Even when the current rental deal runs out it's still the ability of Joy "I'm on the takeover panel don't you know, despite being completely out manoeuvred and not a thing I can do to stop it after years of hard work engineering the take over of a stadium and the people who out manoeuvred me also got a better deal than I could have ever dreamed of" Seppala and her band of merry men to do a deal that won't cripple the club.

Please explain to me how there is a way forward with SISU?

bigfatronssba

Wow, you really hate our club don't you? Why are you on here?

Wow, you love to make judgements on people you disagree with don't you?

Nick

Administrator
As apposed to owners who only ever have done and probably only ever will fuck the club over.

I know which one I'm more concerned about and it ain't the landlords. Even when the current rental deal runs out it's still the ability of Joy "I'm on the takeover panel don't you know, despite being completely out manoeuvred and not a thing I can do to stop it after years of hard work engineering the take over of a stadium and the people who out manoeuvred me also got a better deal than I could have ever dreamed of" Seppala and her band of merry men to do a deal that won't cripple the club.

Please explain to me how there is a way forward with SISU?

I can't remember saying SISU are the savours going forward, I said that just because somebody else now owns the Ricoh it doesn't make much difference does it in terms of "constraints".

If the club had bought the Ricoh I agree there would be no excuse as they really wouldn't have landlords as such would they? Who is to say Wasps won't screw the football club over?

bigfatronssba

giphy.gif

Smug because I'm raising a point you disagree with?

skybluetony176

I can't remember saying SISU are the savours going forward, I said that just because somebody else now owns the Ricoh it doesn't make much difference does it in terms of "constraints".

If the club had bought the Ricoh I agree there would be no excuse as they really wouldn't have landlords as such would they? Who is to say Wasps won't screw the football club over?

Do you think that SISU have the ability to stop them from screwing us over? I don't.

SISU have proven that they have the ability to piss them off enough in the next four years that they won't care if they screw us over as we have just witnessed with CCC who came to the clubs rescue by bailing out the Ricoh project in the first place and Higgs who came to the clubs rescue and bought the clubs share of the Ricoh that was gifted to the club by CCC.

These two stated of from a position of helping the club. Wasps are not starting from that position so god knows where we'll be in four years. Do you think SISU will be model tenants given their history?

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

There was NEVER a 'significant' minority that blamed ACL/CCC exclusively - one or two individuals perhaps, but I've never actually met one. What some people have said is that the council have not been blameless. While it may have been possible to sympathise with them for having to deal with SISU and their silly games, especially during the rent strike and all that nonsense that followed - the fact remains that at the beginning of this season certain individuals got around the table and negotiated a return, with talk of 'building bridges'. Weeks later the council have off-loaded the Ricoh for peanuts in a deal that looks increasingly like it was driven by spite and personal grudges (it was hardly a commercial triumph) - a deal that has the knock on effect of harming our local rugby club too.

SISU have hardly been screaming from the rooftops about it either - their initial reaction was one of indifference. The people that are really unhappy are the supporters, because the door to ownership has been slammed shut - and so too has the prospect of ridding the club of SISU anytime soon. The people you speak of all want new ownership, and now that looks increasingly unlikely in the short term. Rejoicing? Grow up - why we any of us be rejoicing at the prospect of spending the forseeable future in this league or lower?

But hey, I know that for some people it matters more that SISU are seen have lost out than it does our club have a positive future. Pantomime season has come early.

Think your reading far too much into my post.

All I am saying is a lot of fans didn't want CCC/Higgs/ACL to have any involvement in our club. They have got their wish, that's all.

bigfatronssba

No, smug because of the way it was worded. There is a difference.

Or its just the way you have read it.

You or anyone on this forum has no right whatsoever to question anyone's loyalty as a fan. Just because you disagree with me doesn't make either one of us any less of a fan. From what I can see someone like RFC is crazy, but as someone who spends time coming onto this forum, I know he is as much of a fan as anyone.

I am fairly confident you or Samo didn't mean to question my support for CCFC, however if that was your intention, I think you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. As, regardless of what is debated on here, that is a line that should never be crossed. That goes for everyone on all sides of the debate.

RegTheDonk

I dare say bridges could have been built IF Fisher hadn't kept harping on about still building a stadium. His bluff was called and he's lost our chips. :mad:

Longford

1. Nobody loves SISU
  2. All parties do have to shoulder some of the blame in this mess.

Agreed. But the vast majority of that blame resides with SISU... Some spend most of their time trying to deflect that blame by saying others were involved and concentrating their anger at them.... The SISU outriders just sound like those people who blame the nations austere times on benefit cheats not the bankers........I know who I blame in both cases....

Last edited:

Ashdown

If we are talking percentages again i'd say:

85% SISU
15% that obnoxious bitch Lucas and her cunty labour party who pushed it all through to spite not only the hedge fund but OUR club !

Users who are viewing this thread